Topics

Event: End of support for Windows 10 Version 1803 (April 2018 Update/build 17134) - Tuesday, 12 November 2019 #cal-invite

win10@win10.groups.io Calendar <win10@...>

End of support for Windows 10 Version 1803 (April 2018 Update/build 17134)

When:
Tuesday, 12 November 2019
10:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Worldwide

Organizer: Joseph Lee

Wide support for Windows 10 Version 1803 (April 2018 Update/build 17134) will end today. Here, wide support refers to new updates for consumers on semi-annual channel (SAC), with business support ending one year later. Please update to Windows 10 Version 1903 or later. Note that even though support for this version ends, discussion surrounding this version will continue in the Win10 forum and its subgroups. Note: Windows 10 Version 1803 is a regular release (not a long-term support version).

Given that this is approximately a month away, if you are still running Version 1803 it is definitely time to use the Update Assistant (Update Now button) on the Windows 10 Download Page to make your machine update.

We're long past the reasonable "wait for the next feature update to be presented to you" stage for those still on Version 1803.  It's time to manually trigger the update.

As per usual, you would be well-advised to take a full system image backup and separate user data backup before ever undertaking any Feature Update.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Brice Mijares <bricemijares@...>

are you saying this isn't the current version?
Windows version: Windows 10Ver1903 (64-bit) build 18362.418

On 10/15/2019 1:44 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Given that this is approximately a month away, if you are still running Version 1803 it is definitely time to use the Update Assistant (Update Now button) on the Windows 10 Download Page <https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10> to make your machine update.
We're long past the reasonable "wait for the next feature update to be presented to you" stage for those still on Version 1803.?? It's time to manually trigger the update.
As per usual, you would be well-advised to take a full system image backup and separate user data backup before ever undertaking any Feature Update.
/The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it./
???????????? ~ Lawrence Krauss

Roger Stewart

You have the current version. The message is end of support for 1803--not 1903
Roger

On 10/15/2019 4:06 PM, Brice Mijares wrote:
[...]

Thank you.

On 10/15/2019 2:08 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
[...]

Immigrant

I always back up my data - documents, music, mail, Internet bookmarks, etc. But I never created a system image, I never ran any imaging software, not sure where to start.

Given that this is approximately a month away, if you are still running Version 1803 it is definitely time to use the Update Assistant (Update Now button) on the Windows 10 Download Page to make your machine update.

We're long past the reasonable "wait for the next feature update to be presented to you" stage for those still on Version 1803.  It's time to manually trigger the update.

As per usual, you would be well-advised to take a full system image backup and separate user data backup before ever undertaking any Feature Update.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Howard Traxler

Well that's good.  Maybe they'll stop trying to make me upgrade.