Note: groups.io will be down for maintenance this evening, starting at 11pm Pacific Time (6am Tuesday 8/3/2020 UTC), for up to two hours.
J2019.1909.28 Update + What's New In This Build, #jaws
Below is the download link and what's new in this J2019.1909.28 build.
32 & 64 bit:
Enhancements in JAWS 2019.1909.28 (September 2019)
The following is a list of improvements made in JAWS 2019 between the August 2019 update and the September 2019 update.
list of 9 items
• For single-user perpetual licenses, JAWS, Fusion, and ZoomText 2019 now check to see if an update to your license is available when the software first
starts. For instance, you recently purchased or renewed a Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA). You will then have the option to update the license on
your local computer. This allows you to install major releases in the future you are licensed to run without having to go through the authorization process
after the install.
• While browsing the internet, JAWS will no longer announce "Clickable" by default as you move to various content.
• You should no longer hear the message "Press JAWS Key+ALT+R to hear descriptive text" as you navigate form controls and certain other elements on the
• Resolved a reported issue where JAWS and Word would become unresponsive when attempting to edit a long comment.
• By default in Word and Outlook, JAWS will no longer announce "Alt SHIFT F10 to adjust Auto Correction" when you move to something that was auto corrected
• The AutoCorrect Detection option, previously only available in the Quick Settings for Word, can now also be changed in the Quick Settings for Outlook
• JAWS and Fusion will no longer gather and announce the count of all the objects, misspellings, grammatical errors, and so on when a document is opened
in Word. This will enable documents to load much faster, including very large documents containing a lot of these items. You can always press INSERT+F1
for an overview of what the document contains.
• If the Table Display option located under the Braille group in Quick Settings is set to Current Row or Current Column, addressed a reported issue where
the current row or column was not being shown on the braille display as expected while navigating tables in Java applications.
• Resolved translation issues with the Hungarian Liblouis braille table.
Take care. Mike. Sent from my iBarstool. Go dodgers!
I believe that everything happens for a reason. Usually, the reason is that somebody screwed up.