Topics

Chromium Edge: beta is ready for you to try #chromiumedge

Hi all,

Here it is; beta version of Chromium-based Microsoft Edge. Details can be found at the following Windows blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/08/20/introducing-microsoft-edge-beta-be-one-of-the-first-to-try-it-now/#hrvxYd5zu4MEMZWV.97

Just a small note for those who may already be using either the Dev or Canary channels:  these are both "ahead of" the beta channel, which will be the oldest and most stable of the three "under development" channels.  Canary being true alpha and Dev coming between true alpha and beta.

I've been floored at just how stable the Dev channel Edge has been, and that's what I'm still using.   I would expect zero problems with the beta channel given my own experience and that of others I know who are using Dev Edge.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

Your message is not clear to me. Are you saying that EdgeDV is newer than Beta?

Just a small note for those who may already be using either the Dev or Canary channels:  these are both "ahead of" the beta channel, which will be the oldest and most stable of the three "under development" channels.  Canary being true alpha and Dev coming between true alpha and beta.

I've been floored at just how stable the Dev channel Edge has been, and that's what I'm still using.   I would expect zero problems with the beta channel given my own experience and that of others I know who are using Dev Edge.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

This should clear it up. Edge Dev is updated weekly. Edge Beta is updated every six weeks. If you want absolute stability, Edge Beta is the one you want.

Edge Dev is quite stable. Brian's experience mirrors mine. I have pretty much stopped using Firefox.

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 02:36 PM, Loy wrote:
Are you saying that EdgeDV is newer than Beta?
Yes.   To me "ahead of" in software development terms means "more recent/newer than."   Also, I explained that Canary is alpha (always ahead/newer than beta in any setting) and that Dev is positioned between the two in terms of "newness."

Governor Staten has given the update intervals for each of the channels for the version of Edge under development.  What I don't know, and never have, with regard to the Beta channel, since I'm not on it, is when week six is for it as I don't know when it was last updated.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Sarah k Alawami

I'll google for it laterk, but if I want to test the dev builds do I just type "edge dev builds" into google and away I go?

Take care

and for hosting options go here
to subscribe to the feed click here