Topics

Inserting online pictures in Powerpoint 2019

Devin Prater

Hi all. I’m trying to help a student with Powerpoint, inserting online pictures. So, I open Powerpoint, Press Enter for a Blank template, press Alt+N for Insert, then F for online picture, and Bing loads fine. In the search box, I type “kitten”, and choose the first result. When I press Space to check the checkbox for that picture, though, nothing happens, with NVDA. With Narrator, Pressing Capslock+Enter says checked, but visually, it is not. Pressing Caps+Space to turn on scan mode, then pressing either Enter or Space has the same result. In all cases, the Insert button is disabled. With JAWS, left-clicking the item, with Numpad *, works to select the picture, but the box still says “unchecked.”
Still, though, it doesn’t work with either NVDA or Narrator.

Jim Fettgather

I can confirm this behavior with the online gallery, I have submitted
this problem through Microsoft Feedback Hub and while talking with
disability support from Microsoft.
The same thing happens in Microsoft Word with the online gallery, and
it seems as if selecting these images worked just fine in earlier
versions of Office.
Thanks.