Topics

Are we talking about the new Microsoft Edge Dev?

Ron Kolesar

To my fellow Windows 10 user subscribers.
I can tell you the following.
If we're talking about the new versions which is Microsoft Edge Dev?
I highly support it.
I have it as my default web browser.
About the only thing I can see that's different from IE11 is that to open up a page instead of ctrl o, you have to use ctrl and the letter L.
Other than that I don't see anything different.
One important point that I'll add here is this.
When using EDGE you still have all kinds of columns and rolls to get through to what you want to read on the screen.
But while using the Microsoft Edge Dev, you don't have that extra clutter.
You would swear that you're using ie11.
I love the Microsoft Edge Dev because unlike EDGE, there isn't any of that rolls and column clutter to get through to what you actually want to see.
I know my friend Dave is using it and maybe he too can add his comments on this topic.
You would tell yourself that your still using ie 11, but you are not, your actually using Microsoft Edge Dev.
So that's my view points.
Ron Ham Radio Station KR3DOG
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes,
From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG

Actually it is much more like Chrome than IE, but that's just my opinion.

[...]
In the good old days of Morse code Shorthand, 73's AKA Best Regards and or Best Whishes, From Ron U.S. Ham Radio Station KR3DOG

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

I tend to agree and am surprised to hear someone say they think it is just like IE? I suppose, once on a web site, the similarities are there but otherwise I find it quite different. The main thing is that the menu structure is completely different. And, in my opinion, it is much better than IE and I was a long time user of IE.
Marie

[...]

Hello back at you Marie.
I have to agree with you on one point.
I too feel that it is running better than IE 11.
The only thing I've found so far is that you need to do a ctrl l for the Microsoft Edge Dev to open up a web page.
I too was a long time IE11 user myself until Brian and my good friend Dave told me about this newer browser.
So, hope that clears things up.