Topics

For Version 1803 users: in case you meet version 1903 update notice... #windowsupdatestatus

Hi all,

Microsoft has updated the Health Dashboard page to say:

We are initiating the Windows 10 May 2019 Update for customers with devices that are at or nearing end of service and have not yet updated their device. Keeping these devices both supported and receiving monthly updates is critical to device security and ecosystem health. Based on the large number of devices running the April 2018 Update, that will reach the end of 18 months of service on November 12, 2019, we are starting the update process now for Home and Pro editions to help ensure adequate time for a smooth update process.

Also, at this juncture, I would not be hesitant to force an update to 1903 if I were still on 1803 and wanted to do so.

I have written up a set of Step-by-Step instructions for Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or In-Place Feature Update using the Windows 10 ISO File.

The only difference between a repair install and actual in-place feature update is whether the version of Windows 10 your're currently running and the ISO file Windows 10 version are the same.   If the ISO is for a newer version then you're actually performing a Feature Update.

This is my preferred method.  Others may feel differently.

               ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back