Topics

appearance of folders

Vicki W

Is there any way to get folders to appear as folders rather than in a tree view in Windows 10? This happens with the networked computers.

When I access them through windows 10, the contents of, for example, my folders in the other computer's documents shows up in a tree view under this computer rather than opening the documents folder and showing the contents as folders.

Thanks.

Vicki

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Go into the view menu and change gruop by to none. Set view to details and adjust any other settings under view until you get what you want.

On 5/14/2019 1:39 PM, Vicki W wrote:
Is there any way to get folders to appear as folders rather than in a tree view in Windows 10? This happens with the networked computers.

When I access them through windows 10, the contents of, for example, my folders in the other computer's documents shows up in a tree view under this computer rather than opening the documents folder and showing the contents as folders.

Thanks.

Vicki

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

The last message assumed you are in the main window not the tree view before the main window. If you are in the tree view window tab to the main window and you should see folders.

On 5/14/2019 1:39 PM, Vicki W wrote:
Is there any way to get folders to appear as folders rather than in a tree view in Windows 10? This happens with the networked computers.

When I access them through windows 10, the contents of, for example, my folders in the other computer's documents shows up in a tree view under this computer rather than opening the documents folder and showing the contents as folders.

Thanks.

Vicki

Vicki W

This is the (This PC) window) where it shows the contents of the other computer, not just The Windows 10 computer.

The last message assumed you are in the main window not the tree view before the main window. If you are in the tree view window tab to the main window and you should see folders.

On 5/14/2019 1:39 PM, Vicki W wrote:
Is there any way to get folders to appear as folders rather than in a tree view in Windows 10? This happens with the networked computers.

When I access them through windows 10, the contents of, for example, my folders in the other computer's documents shows up in a tree view under this computer rather than opening the documents folder and showing the contents as folders.

Thanks.

Vicki

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

OK, In the main window of This PC I have to open each folder with the enter key just like always. I cant right arrow to open anything here. But If I am in the navigation pane it is a tree that uses the arrow keys to navigate the sub folders. So, try going to view then navigation then uncheck navigation pane and then check details view under view. Hope this helps.You might want to look around in the view menu and try changing things until you like the way This PC displays the folders.