Topics

Welcome to Chromium+Edge preview #chromiumedge

Hi all,

Note: a brand new hashtag named #ChromiumEdge will be used to discuss the new Edge.

As discussed in the following blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/08/microsoft-edge-preview-builds-the-next-step-in-our-oss-journey/

The preview build is now available. Brief testing shows any screen reader support Chromium rendering engine will work.

Lino Morales

And indeed it does. Works great! Read my first web page using it a bit ago. Congrats to Microsift. The new Ede has great potential.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Note: a brand new hashtag named #ChromiumEdge will be used to discuss the new Edge.

As discussed in the following blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/08/microsoft-edge-preview-builds-the-next-step-in-our-oss-journey/

The preview build is now available. Brief testing shows any screen reader support Chromium rendering engine will work.

Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@...>

So far I love it

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Note: a brand new hashtag named #ChromiumEdge will be used to discuss the new Edge.

As discussed in the following blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/08/microsoft-edge-preview-builds-the-next-step-in-our-oss-journey/

The preview build is now available. Brief testing shows any screen reader support Chromium rendering engine will work.

David Moore

Wow!

I will download the dev version right now!

I can’t wait to try it!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Note: a brand new hashtag named #ChromiumEdge will be used to discuss the new Edge.

As discussed in the following blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/08/microsoft-edge-preview-builds-the-next-step-in-our-oss-journey/

The preview build is now available. Brief testing shows any screen reader support Chromium rendering engine will work.

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Just like Chrome. No surprise there. Defintly better than the old Edge!

 On 4/8/2019 2:55 PM, David Moore wrote:

Wow!

I will download the dev version right now!

I can’t wait to try it!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Note: a brand new hashtag named #ChromiumEdge will be used to discuss the new Edge.

As discussed in the following blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/08/microsoft-edge-preview-builds-the-next-step-in-our-oss-journey/

The preview build is now available. Brief testing shows any screen reader support Chromium rendering engine will work.

Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...>

Wow, this sounds great. I'll try it out too.

On 4/8/2019 8:13 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:
Just like Chrome. No surprise there. Defintly better than the old Edge!
 On 4/8/2019 2:55 PM, David Moore wrote:

Wow!

I will download the dev version right now!

I can’t wait to try it!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Note: a brand new hashtag named #ChromiumEdge will be used to discuss the new Edge.

As discussed in the following blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/08/microsoft-edge-preview-builds-the-next-step-in-our-oss-journey/

The preview build is now available. Brief testing shows any screen reader support Chromium rendering engine will work.

heather albright

I did not see a link to download this browser. Do I have to use edge to get it? Firefox did not open the article. Cheers Heather

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
National Federation of The Blind:
www.nfb.org
An Accessible Online Library:
www.bookshare.org

Note: a brand new hashtag named #ChromiumEdge will be used to discuss the new Edge.

As discussed in the following blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/08/microsoft-edge-preview-builds-the-next-step-in-our-oss-journey/

The preview build is now available. Brief testing shows any screen reader support Chromium rendering engine will work.

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Click on the article or copy and paste it in the address bar of your browser. On the webpage you will find a link to download the preview.

I did not see a link to download this browser. Do I have to use edge to get it? Firefox did not open the article. Cheers Heather

e-mail:
kd5cbl@...
sites:
National Federation of The Blind:
www.nfb.org
An Accessible Online Library:
www.bookshare.org

Note: a brand new hashtag named #ChromiumEdge will be used to discuss the new Edge.

As discussed in the following blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/08/microsoft-edge-preview-builds-the-next-step-in-our-oss-journey/

The preview build is now available. Brief testing shows any screen reader support Chromium rendering engine will work.

Dennis L

How do you access book marks or favorites in this new browser?

Note: a brand new hashtag named #ChromiumEdge will be used to discuss the new Edge.

As discussed in the following blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/08/microsoft-edge-preview-builds-the-next-step-in-our-oss-journey/

The preview build is now available. Brief testing shows any screen reader support Chromium rendering engine will work.

Wow, I wonder why everybody is in such a hurry with this. Are all of you running the insider version of Windows, the one which will come out in May? I think you have to in order to try out this new version of Edge. I for one am so happy with Chrome that I don’t even feel more than the slightest curiosity about this new version of Edge and I somehow doubt I’ll use it much once it’s out for everybody.

How do you access book marks or favorites in this new browser?

Note: a brand new hashtag named #ChromiumEdge will be used to discuss the new Edge.

As discussed in the following blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/08/microsoft-edge-preview-builds-the-next-step-in-our-oss-journey/

The preview build is now available. Brief testing shows any screen reader support Chromium rendering engine will work.

Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...>

I thought about downloading this new version of edge but decided to wait until it comes in the next version of windows 10.

Wow, I wonder why everybody is in such a hurry with this. Are all of you running the insider version of Windows, the one which will come out in May? I think you have to in order to try out this new version of Edge. I for one am so happy with Chrome that I don’t even feel more than the slightest curiosity about this new version of Edge and I somehow doubt I’ll use it much once it’s out for everybody.

How do you access book marks or favorites in this new browser?

Note: a brand new hashtag named #ChromiumEdge will be used to discuss the new Edge.

As discussed in the following blog post:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/04/08/microsoft-edge-preview-builds-the-next-step-in-our-oss-journey/

The preview build is now available. Brief testing shows any screen reader support Chromium rendering engine will work.

So why when edge comes out would I'd ever want to use google chrome if I can use chrome extentions, are there any differences between the to.

[...]

Larry Wang

It is developed by microsoft. It is linked with Microsoft account on Windows 10. It is also usable on Windows 7 8 8.1 but without account login and data sync support.

On 2019/4/9 14:06, Shaun Everiss wrote:

[...]

Curtis Delzer

I dig it also, very nice indeed.

Curtis Delzer