Topics

.net frame work cumulative update refuses to install is this a problem?

matthew dyer

Hi all,

Windows update is showing me a cumulative update for .net framework 3.5/4.7, but for some reason it is not installing.   I ran the troubleshooter but it says it it fixed the problem, but after a reboot, the problem continues.  I am wondering if 1. Is there a way to fix this and 2 is this going to affect other updates such as monthly cumulativde updates for windows 10.  I am running windows 10 1809 with all other updates as far as I can tell.   Thanks.

Matthew

Well, I have issues with a particular update.

What you can do is when that happens,

1.  download the windows update show hide tool wushohide.diagcab from microsoft.

Go and look for updates to hide and note down all the updates.

For me a few updates never appeared, and some did but never installed right.

I was able to download the effected updates and install them manually.

You can try to empty software distribution/downloads to if you want but thats only going to work if its a download issue.

This shouldn't effect other updates but if you install this update manually by downloading the msu package for your particular processer type, you should have no issues installing it.

On 27/03/2019 9:49 AM, matthew dyer wrote:

Hi all,

Windows update is showing me a cumulative update for .net framework 3.5/4.7, but for some reason it is not installing.   I ran the troubleshooter but it says it it fixed the problem, but after a reboot, the problem continues.  I am wondering if 1. Is there a way to fix this and 2 is this going to affect other updates such as monthly cumulativde updates for windows 10.  I am running windows 10 1809 with all other updates as far as I can tell.   Thanks.

Matthew

Cornelius

You can google the KB update and manually install it.