Topics

Come, let us go to Windows Update gate to welcome KB3197954 (build 14393.351) #KBAlert #insiderbuilds

Dear citizens of Windows 10 land,

The cumulative updates minister just informed the magistrates that there is a newcomer in town, who says he was sent to our town to live amongst us. When asked for identification, the newcomer showed an ID card, which says, “I am KB3197954, build 14393.351”. Therefore, we the magistrates hereby request permission for this newcomer to live amongst us and become part of our family.

Besides the ID card, the newcomer told the minister to deliver the following letter to you:

Hello, my name is KB3197954. I’m bringing with me some interesting presents for citizens of this town:

• Improved reliability of Internet Explorer 11, Start, File Explorer, action center, graphics, and the Windows kernel.

• Addressed issue that was causing System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) Management Console to crash in State view.

• Addressed connectivity issue from a 32-bit application to a Remote Desktop Gateway that doesn’t have HTTP tunneling enabled.

• Addressed issue of updates not being restored when doing a system reset, even if those updates were permanently installed.

• Addressed issue that was causing domain logon attempts to fail on a Windows 10 Pro device after upgrading from Windows 10 Home.

• Addressed issue that was causing failed logon counts of non-admin users without network logon permissions to be counted as cumulative, resulting in devices going into BitLocker recovery more frequently.

• Improved support for websites by updating the HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) preload list.

• Improved support for IT administrators using Group Policy to block users updating the operating system from Windows Update.

• Improved reliability and stability of the notification framework for enabling contextual notifications in File Explorer.

• Addressed an issue that prevented System Center Configuration Manager from performing inventory uploads via Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) when Encrypting File System (EFS) has been disabled.

• Addressed additional issues with USB, Wi-Fi, clustering, setup, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, licensing, PowerShell, Component Object Model (COM), Windows kernel, graphics, and Bluetooth.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

KB3197954

P.S. For this one, I’m copying Windows Insiders subgroup as the changelog listed above applies to you as well (provided you are on release preview ring). Good luck.

Ron Kolesar

So, where are we suppose to expect these new arrivals?
Thanks Joe.

[...]

Settings/Update and Security/Windows Update, then select “Check for updates” button.

[...]

Mário Navarro

thank you good joseph.

cheers.