I will do a tutorial for the mail app

David Moore

                Hi all,

I saw a request on the list for a new tutorial for the mail app. I will indeed do this tutorial and have it on the list by Tuesday at the latest. JAWS and NVDA work very well for the mail app, now, and I am writing this message with the mail app. I am using it all of the time. The accessibility is so much better now, and even narrator works great with the app. I will write out a tutorial that is all up to date with all of the new accessibility. Take care, all.

David Moore (win10 list moderator)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...>

Hi, David,

I think I'll give the mail ap a try. Looking forward to the new tutorial.

Rosemarie

On 10/22/2016 2:49 PM, David Moore wrote:

                Hi all,

I saw a request on the list for a new tutorial for the mail app. I will indeed do this tutorial and have it on the list by Tuesday at the latest. JAWS and NVDA work very well for the mail app, now, and I am writing this message with the mail app. I am using it all of the time. The accessibility is so much better now, and even narrator works great with the app. I will write out a tutorial that is all up to date with all of the new accessibility. Take care, all.

David Moore (win10 list moderator)

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Doug Parisian <eggmann@...>

I have poked at the windows mail app using NVDA and thanks to a Cool Blind Tech presentation, found that the windows speech program works best, even better than NVDA.  This was especially true when setting up my accounts; NVDA would not read anything for me beyond the screen which presents various account choices.  The only annoyance I’ve found with the Microsoft speech engine is the serious lag when typing, using character echo which I prefer being a lousy typist despite 50 years (yikes) on various keyboards.

A specific question I have about the windows mail program is how to import messages from windows live mail.  I have poked and prodded through all menus I could find with no joy.
I make this noise by rubbing my hind legs together!