Topics

Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year #admingreetings

Dear Win10 Forum family,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

As we wrap up 2018, I would like to thank you all (more than 500 of you) for making Win10 Forum what it is today: a reputable source of information on Windows 10 ecosystem and accessibility. We have witnessed two feature updates, countless cumulative updates, many screen reader release announcements, so many goodies on apps and hardware, and of course, several engaging discussions. We’ve seen highs and lows, we went through celebrations and trials, and many things in between.

For me, the biggest thing from 2018 on this forum is witnessing more people answering questions. Until last year, most answers came from a select few, but a year later, I’m glad to see more people giving others the help they need. Last year, I and a few would provide essential answers, but this year, someone would click the reply button before me and provide useful answers and resources, some of them unexpected and some I didn’t even know; I would find myself refreshed on some of these, which shows that we are still learning. Keep up the good work, as we still need each other when it comes to navigating this ecosystem.

Looking forward to 2019, I expect more people to become part of the Windows 10 ecosystem, and I foresee an increase in membership, most of it coming from people used to Windows 7. Some are well prepared to navigate Windows 10 ecosystem, while others need directions here and there, and still others may require learning some new assumptions. Let us prepare to serve them, because in the end, what can help us set our differences aside is a shared goal of making Windows 10 better through teaching, feedback, resources, kind words, and showing ourselves to be reputable and approachable.

While composing this letter, a thought came to my mind: how about writing a periodic tutorial (perhaps monthly) on transitioning from Windows 7 to 10. Although some concepts are the same, others are vastly different, and one way I think we can make a difference in 2019 (on this forum cluster and beyond) is helping people on this transition journey through useful resources. If you are willing to help out (or write portions of it), do let this forum know so we can work on it at some point.

Thank you. May you stay healthy throughout this season (and for those waiting for him, hope you get interesting gifts from Santa).

Cheers,

Joseph

Blaster

Merry Christmas Joseph and to all of the wonderful people in this
group. I wish you all well,
Blaster

On 12/24/18, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Win10 Forum family,

As we wrap up 2018, I would like to thank you all (more than 500 of you)
for
making Win10 Forum what it is today: a reputable source of information on
Windows 10 ecosystem and accessibility. We have witnessed two feature
updates, countless cumulative updates, many screen reader release
announcements, so many goodies on apps and hardware, and of course, several
engaging discussions. We've seen highs and lows, we went through
celebrations and trials, and many things in between.

For me, the biggest thing from 2018 on this forum is witnessing more people
answering questions. Until last year, most answers came from a select few,
but a year later, I'm glad to see more people giving others the help they
need. Last year, I and a few would provide essential answers, but this
year,
someone would click the reply button before me and provide useful answers
and resources, some of them unexpected and some I didn't even know; I would
find myself refreshed on some of these, which shows that we are still
learning. Keep up the good work, as we still need each other when it comes
to navigating this ecosystem.

Looking forward to 2019, I expect more people to become part of the Windows
10 ecosystem, and I foresee an increase in membership, most of it coming
from people used to Windows 7. Some are well prepared to navigate Windows
ecosystem, while others need directions here and there, and still others
may
require learning some new assumptions. Let us prepare to serve them,
because
in the end, what can help us set our differences aside is a shared goal of
making Windows 10 better through teaching, feedback, resources, kind words,
and showing ourselves to be reputable and approachable.

While composing this letter, a thought came to my mind: how about writing a
periodic tutorial (perhaps monthly) on transitioning from Windows 7 to 10.
Although some concepts are the same, others are vastly different, and one
way I think we can make a difference in 2019 (on this forum cluster and
beyond) is helping people on this transition journey through useful
resources. If you are willing to help out (or write portions of it), do let
this forum know so we can work on it at some point.

Thank you. May you stay healthy throughout this season (and for those
waiting for him, hope you get interesting gifts from Santa).

Cheers,

Joseph

Mike B. <mike9902@...>

Hi Joseph & All List Members,

A very merry Christmas and the absolute happiest of New Years to all!
Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2018 6:23 PM
Subject: [win10] Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year #AdminGreetings

Dear Win10 Forum family,

As we wrap up 2018, I would like to thank you all (more than 500 of you) for making Win10 Forum what it is today: a reputable source of information on Windows 10 ecosystem and accessibility. We have witnessed two feature updates, countless cumulative updates, many screen reader release announcements, so many goodies on apps and hardware, and of course, several engaging discussions. We’ve seen highs and lows, we went through celebrations and trials, and many things in between.

For me, the biggest thing from 2018 on this forum is witnessing more people answering questions. Until last year, most answers came from a select few, but a year later, I’m glad to see more people giving others the help they need. Last year, I and a few would provide essential answers, but this year, someone would click the reply button before me and provide useful answers and resources, some of them unexpected and some I didn’t even know; I would find myself refreshed on some of these, which shows that we are still learning. Keep up the good work, as we still need each other when it comes to navigating this ecosystem.

Looking forward to 2019, I expect more people to become part of the Windows 10 ecosystem, and I foresee an increase in membership, most of it coming from people used to Windows 7. Some are well prepared to navigate Windows 10 ecosystem, while others need directions here and there, and still others may require learning some new assumptions. Let us prepare to serve them, because in the end, what can help us set our differences aside is a shared goal of making Windows 10 better through teaching, feedback, resources, kind words, and showing ourselves to be reputable and approachable.

While composing this letter, a thought came to my mind: how about writing a periodic tutorial (perhaps monthly) on transitioning from Windows 7 to 10. Although some concepts are the same, others are vastly different, and one way I think we can make a difference in 2019 (on this forum cluster and beyond) is helping people on this transition journey through useful resources. If you are willing to help out (or write portions of it), do let this forum know so we can work on it at some point.

Thank you. May you stay healthy throughout this season (and for those waiting for him, hope you get interesting gifts from Santa).

Cheers,

Joseph

Delma <df0767@...>

Merry Christmas to everyone
delma

Sent: Monday, December 24, 2018 8:44 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year #AdminGreetings

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.
I type out everything I want to remember. That way instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it was, I spend the time looking for where I saved it!

Dear Win10 Forum family,

Cheers,

Joseph

Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...>

Hi, Joseph and list,

Merry Christmas and a very happy and prosperous 2019 to all.

Rosemarie

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2018 6:45 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year #AdminGreetings

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Dear Win10 Forum family,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi Joseph and list,
Merry Christmas. I'm very glad to be part of all of this. This group is the best!
Em 25/12/2018 00:23, Joseph Lee escreveu:

Dear Win10 Forum family,

�

�

As we wrap up 2018, I would like to thank you all (more than 500 of you) for making Win10 Forum what it is today: a reputable source of information on Windows 10 ecosystem and accessibility. We have witnessed two feature updates, countless cumulative updates, many screen reader release announcements, so many goodies on apps and hardware, and of course, several engaging discussions. We�ve seen highs and lows, we went through celebrations and trials, and many things in between.

�

For me, the biggest thing from 2018 on this forum is witnessing more people answering questions. Until last year, most answers came from a select few, but a year later, I�m glad to see more people giving others the help they need. Last year, I and a few would provide essential answers, but this year, someone would click the reply button before me and provide useful answers and resources, some of them unexpected and some I didn�t even know; I would find myself refreshed on some of these, which shows that we are still learning. Keep up the good work, as we still need each other when it comes to navigating this ecosystem.

�

�

�

Cheers,

Joseph

Peter Russillo

Hi, a merry Christmas to you from Peter Russillo; for those waiting up for you know who, he's probably just left North pole toyport headed around the world (grin).  Actually, first to remember is the birth of our Lord in Bethlehem; He's the real reason to celebrate.  Take care; God bless.

Yours truly, Peter Russillo

On 12/24/2018 9:23 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Dear Win10 Forum family,

Cheers,

Joseph

Thea Ramsay <thearamsay@...>

That tutorial is a great idea.

I haven’t liked a Windows platform since XP. I loved XP. I was able to organize emails into folders, for one thing. I just loved XP.

I tolerated 7.

I hate Windows 10. LOL But that’s because I don’t take change on this kind of scale too well.

Hey, I’m getting older, and less flexible. LOL

The neurons don’t fire as fast as they used to. Ha.

So, I’d read a Win10 newsletter religiously.

Thea

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: December 24, 2018 9:24 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io

Dear Win10 Forum family,

Cheers,

Joseph

Mário Navarro

Hi Beautiful People.
Merry Christmas!
Thank you all!
Cheers.

Às 02:23 de 25/12/2018, Joseph Lee escreveu:

Dear Win10 Forum family,

Cheers,

Joseph

-- 
A acção pode nem sempre ser felicidade, mas não há felicidade sem acção...

hi all.
Merry Christmas!
what i would suggest is to record tutorials so that people can listen
to them when ever they want and do as said in the tutorials.
i think lets start with how to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 and i will
take responcibility for doing that.

On 12/27/18, Mário Navarro <mario.gnv@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Beautiful People.
Merry Christmas!
Thank you all!
Cheers.

Às 02:23 de 25/12/2018, Joseph Lee escreveu:

Dear Win10 Forum family,

As we wrap up 2018, I would like to thank you all (more than 500 of
you) for making Win10 Forum what it is today: a reputable source of
information on Windows 10 ecosystem and accessibility. We have
witnessed two feature updates, countless cumulative updates, many
screen reader release announcements, so many goodies on apps and
hardware, and of course, several engaging discussions. We’ve seen
highs and lows, we went through celebrations and trials, and many
things in between.

For me, the biggest thing from 2018 on this forum is witnessing more
people answering questions. Until last year, most answers came from a
select few, but a year later, I’m glad to see more people giving
others the help they need. Last year, I and a few would provide
essential answers, but this year, someone would click the reply button
before me and provide useful answers and resources, some of them
unexpected and some I didn’t even know; I would find myself refreshed
on some of these, which shows that we are still learning. Keep up the
good work, as we still need each other when it comes to navigating
this ecosystem.

Looking forward to 2019, I expect more people to become part of the
Windows 10 ecosystem, and I foresee an increase in membership, most of
it coming from people used to Windows 7. Some are well prepared to
navigate Windows 10 ecosystem, while others need directions here and
there, and still others may require learning some new assumptions. Let
us prepare to serve them, because in the end, what can help us set our
differences aside is a shared goal of making Windows 10 better through
teaching, feedback, resources, kind words, and showing ourselves to be
reputable and approachable.

While composing this letter, a thought came to my mind: how about
writing a periodic tutorial (perhaps monthly) on transitioning from
Windows 7 to 10. Although some concepts are the same, others are
vastly different, and one way I think we can make a difference in 2019
(on this forum cluster and beyond) is helping people on this
transition journey through useful resources. If you are willing to
help out (or write portions of it), do let this forum know so we can
work on it at some point.

Thank you. May you stay healthy throughout this season (and for those
waiting for him, hope you get interesting gifts from Santa).

Cheers,

Joseph

--
A acção pode nem sempre ser felicidade, mas não há felicidade sem acção...

--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3

Michael Amaro

Even though I am a little late I wish you all had a merry christmas and that you have a very happy newyear ahead.

Sent: Monday, December 24, 2018 6:44 PM

Take care.  Go Rams!
Sent from my iBarstool.

Dear Win10 Forum family,

Cheers,

Joseph