Topics

WinTenapps 16.10 released #nvdasr

Hi all,

For NVDA users: Windows 10 App Essentials 16.10 is now available.

Changelog:

·        In Mail, “edit” and “read-only” are no longer announced.

·        NVDA will announce Cortana’s reminder confirmation message.

·        Microsoft Edge’s address bar suggestions are recognized.

·        In certain context menus, position information will not be announced.

Thanks.

Devin Prater

Thanks. I only wish there was some output when I start a reply in the mail app. For now, I press control r, and nothing happens so I'm not sure if the, and when, the command works or not.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 28, 2016, at 2:41 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

For NVDA users: Windows 10 App Essentials 16.10 is now available.

Changelog:

·        In Mail, “edit” and “read-only” are no longer announced.

·        NVDA will announce Cortana’s reminder confirmation message.

·        Microsoft Edge’s address bar suggestions are recognized.

·        In certain context menus, position information will not be announced.

Thanks.

Yep, that’s because there’s no new window open when you reply to a message (same window, so it’s a bit hard to detect). It might be possible to provide a workaround – some controls only appear when you are editing a message, so I can add a command to announce which mode you are in or keep an eye on appearance of these controls.

Thanks. I only wish there was some output when I start a reply in the mail app. For now, I press control r, and nothing happens so I'm not sure if the, and when, the command works or not.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 28, 2016, at 2:41 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

For NVDA users: Windows 10 App Essentials 16.10 is now available.

Changelog:

·         In Mail, “edit” and “read-only” are no longer announced.

·         NVDA will announce Cortana’s reminder confirmation message.

·         Microsoft Edge’s address bar suggestions are recognized.

·         In certain context menus, position information will not be announced.

Thanks.

Devin Prater

Thanks. I'm guessing there isn't a way to have mail open a new window for replying?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 29, 2016, at 12:56 AM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

[...]

I believe a feedback has been filed for this one (I did see a feedback about opening a new window for reading message content).

Thanks. I only wish there was some output when I start a reply in the mail app. For now, I press control r, and nothing happens so I'm not sure if the, and when, the command works or not.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 28, 2016, at 2:41 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

For NVDA users: Windows 10 App Essentials 16.10 is now available.

Changelog:

·         In Mail, “edit” and “read-only” are no longer announced.

·         NVDA will announce Cortana’s reminder confirmation message.

·         Microsoft Edge’s address bar suggestions are recognized.

·         In certain context menus, position information will not be announced.

Thanks.

Devin Prater

Thanks, because I think even narrator has problems with mail, although it does say "editting" when entering writing mode.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi,