Topics

Windows 10 App Essentials 16.09.2 released #nvdasr

Hi everyone, mostly for NVDA users,

Windows 10 App Essentials 16.09.2 is now available for download. Please read the release notes posted on the following site:

https://github.com/josephsl/wintenapps/releases/tag/16.09.2

Among other things, this version fixes a long standing issue where NVDA kept announcing gibberish when you talk to Cortana.

Note that you’ll need NVDA 2016.3 to use this add-on effectively, and this add-on will not install on Windows versions older than Windows 7 service pack 1 in consideration for those who would install this add-on prior to upgrading to Windows 10.

As always, feedback is appreciated. Enjoy the new add-on release. Thanks.

Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@...>

Hi nice job Joseph.
Scott
https://github.com/josephsl/wintenapps/releases/tag/16.09.2 <https://github.com/josephsl/wintenapps/releases/tag/16.09.2>
Among other things, this version fixes a long standing issue where NVDA kept announcing gibberish when you talk to Cortana.
Note that you’ll need NVDA 2016.3 to use this add-on effectively, and this add-on will not install on Windows versions older than Windows 7 service pack 1 in consideration for those who would install this add-on prior to upgrading to Windows 10.
As always, feedback is appreciated. Enjoy the new add-on release. Thanks.

Roger Stewart

I just installed this and when I went to update and security there were a couple updates. I know why the progress bar isn't repeated twice--it is totally silent now. Don't know what's up with that but hope it will be fixed soon.

Thanks.

Roger

On 9/16/2016 1:31 PM, Scott VanDeWalle wrote:
Hi nice job Joseph.
Scott
Windows 10 App Essentials 16.09.2 is now available for download. Please read the release notes posted on the following site:
https://github.com/josephsl/wintenapps/releases/tag/16.09.2 <https://github.com/josephsl/wintenapps/releases/tag/16.09.2>
Among other things, this version fixes a long standing issue where NVDA kept announcing gibberish when you talk to Cortana.
Note that you’ll need NVDA 2016.3 to use this add-on effectively, and this add-on will not install on Windows versions older than Windows 7 service pack 1 in consideration for those who would install this add-on prior to upgrading to Windows 10.
As always, feedback is appreciated. Enjoy the new add-on release. Thanks.

This was in response to feedback from people who found repeated announcements anoying. With progress bar mode set to beep and/or speak, you'll hear them (unless you're using version 1511, which means you may need to restart NVDA, as UIA isn't stable as in version 1607).

From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Date sent: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 14:40:25 -0500
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows 10 App Essentials 16.09.2 released #NVDASR

[...]

Ok, I still have 1511 here on both machines so guess that's the trouble. Progress bars speak and beep for me in all other situations so I have it set right.

Thanks.

Roger

Hi,

From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Date sent: Fri, 16 Sep 2016 14:40:25 -0500

[...]

Devin Prater

Thanks so much. Now if only Mail didn't say "edit" on every line and all that.

Devin Pratersent from Gmail.

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@...> wrote:
Hi nice job Joseph.
Scott