Topics

Hardware compatibility alert: issues with webcams and specific Kindle models #compatalert #WinTenOld

Hi everyone,

For those who are using computers equipped with webcams or those using specific Kindle models: Microsoft did acknowledge compatibility issues for the following:

·         Webcams: users report that webcams may stop functioning in Anniversary Update, traced to the new routine in place to allow software to work with data from webcams.

·         Kindle: some models of Kindle, if connected to computers running Windows 10 Anniversary Update, can crash the OS, and in some cases, shows blue screen of death (BSOD). Microsoft is aware of this issue.