Topics

A Bunch of Keys Internally Sticking

brandon T <brandongold98@...>

Hello,

My computer was working fine up until about a half hour ago, when all
of a sudden I was listening to music and the audio just stopped, NVDA
stopped and I could get no response from the system.

After some hard reboots, I was able to get the system back for a few
minutes, then the issue happened again, with NVDA randomly reading
things as if I were tabbing and shift tabbing so quickly that the
speech could never finish.

I almost never install software on here, and even if I do the UAC
level is set to 100 so I'm notified about almost every change.

The last thing I installed (which I can't help but think this might
have done it) was whatever patch came out for Windows earlier this
week. I seem to remember a discussion on here about alt/windows keys
sticking or something but this seems strange. Interestingly, my volume
seems to reset, unless it doesn't save that when you do a hard reboot.

If this is from the update it looks like I'll have to do something so
that my laptop doesn't get it as I can't afford to have this happen on
there.

Sincerely,

Brandon Tyson

--
“Be what you are. This is the first step towards becoming better than you are.”
– J. C. Hare & A. W. Hare

Hmph, never had this on a workstation I have and also a laptop I have.

One question does your machine use a wireless keyboard at all?

I have had this happen on machines laptops especially and desktops using wireless keyboards and mice.

And most of the time it herralds battery failier of those units.

I have been caught out not having a supply of batteries plenty of times to.

On 7/19/2018 7:16 AM, brandon T wrote:
[...]

Dennis Brown

I have it happening after the last auto update of Windows--never had it happen before. Using Desktop with JAWS latest.
Going to search Win10 knowledge bases to see if anyone found it to be a Win10 issue, and a possible solution.

[...]

Hi,

At Shaun:

No this is a USB keyboard.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this, so maybe
it can be fixed.

My laptop hasn't checked for updates since last Friday, and I don't
know that I want to do it now.

We'll have to see what happens. I had a bad feeling when I saw the
updates coming out a week after the ones from last week. So is it safe
to assume that it isn't a virus?

I'm also happy to know that there are some people from MS on this list
who can see this.

Sincerely,

Brandon Tyson

On 7/18/18, Dennis Brown <dennistbrown@...> wrote:
[...]

Try the keyboard on another box could be a busted wire, you may have to replace the cheap board.

I would recomend the ms wired 600 its nice and quiet I have it on a cloud system I am working on.

On 7/19/2018 8:46 AM, brandon T wrote:
[...]

Hmmm someone else had the same issue after the april update

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/laptop-keyboard-sticking-after-windows-10-upgrade/56fcccc2-9d8f-471c-8026-a8a734c48e1a

Try to uninstall your keyboard driver from device manager and then reboot and see.

I assume its just a generic keyboard, and no special drivers.

If its an ms one try to get the latest ms mouse and keyboard centre.

[...]

Hello Brandon:

I had the same problem, but after the recent updates to Windows 10 and Jaws 2018, it disappeared.

Humberto

[...]

Microsoft says that 10.0.17134.167 will come out through automatic
updates. However my laptop continues to do automatic checks and
doesn't find it so I think they set it to only appear if you press
check for updates. This is probably a good thing as the last one
didn't exhibit this problem.

Thanks,

Brandon