Topics

Head list representative sends an arbitration invitation to parties involved: RE: [win10] addon for Reader view for internet explorer #AdminNotice

Hi,

I have launched an arbitration hearing between the individuals involved in hopes of resolving long-running conflicts. Besides the individuals involved in this exchange, if you want to say something regarding this incident or offer general testimonies, please write to the head list representative and other leaders at win10+owner@groups.io.

To those involved in this exchange: I advise not posting on this topic for a little while until this is resolved. In the past, I would have temporarily locked this thread, but given the nature of this topic, it’ll remain open for a while.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis L
Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:02 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] addon for Reader view for internet explorer

Before you make an ass of yourself why don’t you ask if I did try it?  I did and I did attempt to set up as I want.  Had you bothered to read the things I said  you can tell I played with the settings.

“Even when you tell it to open with your preferred page it does what it wants”

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: [win10] add-on for Reader view for internet explorer

Denis. Hate to say it sir, but you bitch and complain too much. Learn how to use your browsers! Edge has indeed have a menu Alt X. Play with it and see what happens. I use Edge successfully. Sorry for the language guys, but this cat is getting on my nerves.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> on behalf of Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>
Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:22:40 AM

Even when you tell it to open with your preferred page it does what it wants.  Edge is a peace of crap.  Internet explorer just works this peace of crap doesn’t   When or if internet explorer goes away I will no longer use Microsoft browsers if this is how porely they will be designed.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ashleigh Piccinino
Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 7:28 AM

CTRL I gets you to favorites.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> on behalf of Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>
Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 5:00:47 AM

I have problems with edge it looks clunky at best.  There appears to be no keyboard shortcut to go to favorites.  I don’t want it cluttered pin this bla la

Etc.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ashleigh Piccinino
Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 5:48 AM

Edge works pretty well also with JAWS 2018.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> on behalf of Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 4:20:55 PM

Oh I see. Then in that case, chrome would be the way to go.

On 6/26/2018 11:42 AM, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:

He definitely does not want to try the latest version of Firefox if he has Jaws 17, only the May update of Jaws 2018 works really well with it and there will still be more improvements coming. In my opinion Chrome is the way to go.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 11:11 AM

Hi, James,

I don't use Jaws but you could try the latest version of firefox and see if it works for you. Let us know if it does.

Rosemarie

On 6/26/2018 11:08 AM, James Bentley wrote:

Hi,

Just a quick couple of questions here.

I am having more and more problems with Internet Explorer.  So, I am looking at installing either FF or Chrome.

Does any one have any ideas which will work best with Jaws17 with both Win7 and Win10?

And, since I am learning how to use Chrome on an Android smart phone, should I maybe place more emphasis on Chrome.

But, if I go with FF, should I look more at a particular version?

Thanks for any opinions,

James B

Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 12:35 PM

That’s what I’m trying to get through Dennis’s thick scull, but he’s not listening. Edge, Chrome, and FF is the way to go now. Sorry Dennis it is what it is and its time to move on.

Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 1:10 PM

Microsoft is not at all doing anything for IE any more except maybe some security updates, that browser is done and while I tmay stick around for a while simply because large corporations may still use it, I doubt they are putting any development effort into an end of life product

From: win10@... <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis L
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9:56 AM

Microsoft should add  a reader view option similar to other browsers.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Wayland
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018 5:18 PM

I still like IE because it just works better for me, and I haven’t seen anywhere that Micro soft is discontinueing it anytime soon.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lino Morales
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018 11:34 AM

Dennis. Son its time to kiss IE 11 goodbye sir. It will never ever be updated again. Heck I don’t use it on my WIN 10 machine. Just bite the bullet and move to Edge, FF, or Chrome.

Sent: Monday, June 25, 2018 2:46 AM
Subject: [win10] addon for Reader view for internet explorer

Hi, is there an addon that you can use in internet explorer that will give you reader view?

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

I plan on not commenting on messages he posts.   He  attacked me I responded in kind

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 11:30 AM
Subject: Head list representative sends an arbitration invitation to parties involved: RE: [win10] addon for Reader view for internet explorer #AdminNotice

Hi,

I have launched an arbitration hearing between the individuals involved in hopes of resolving long-running conflicts. Besides the individuals involved in this exchange, if you want to say something regarding this incident or offer general testimonies, please write to the head list representative and other leaders at win10+owner@groups.io.

To those involved in this exchange: I advise not posting on this topic for a little while until this is resolved. In the past, I would have temporarily locked this thread, but given the nature of this topic, it’ll remain open for a while.

Cheers,

Joseph

Before you make an ass of yourself why don’t you ask if I did try it?  I did and I did attempt to set up as I want.  Had you bothered to read the things I said  you can tell I played with the settings.

Denis. Hate to say it sir, but you bitch and complain too much. Learn how to use your browsers! Edge has indeed have a menu Alt X. Play with it and see what happens. I use Edge successfully. Sorry for the language guys, but this cat is getting on my nerves.

Even when you tell it to open with your preferred page it does what it wants.  Edge is a peace of crap.  Internet explorer just works this peace of crap doesn’t   When or if internet explorer goes away I will no longer use Microsoft browsers if this is how porely they will be designed.

I have problems with edge it looks clunky at best.  There appears to be no keyboard shortcut to go to favorites.  I don’t want it cluttered pin this bla la

Etc.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> on behalf of Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...>

He definitely does not want to try the latest version of Firefox if he has Jaws 17, only the May update of Jaws 2018 works really well with it and there will still be more improvements coming. In my opinion Chrome is the way to go.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, James,

I don't use Jaws but you could try the latest version of firefox and see if it works for you. Let us know if it does.

Rosemarie

Hi,

I am having more and more problems with Internet Explorer.  So, I am looking at installing either FF or Chrome.

Does any one have any ideas which will work best with Jaws17 with both Win7 and Win10?

And, since I am learning how to use Chrome on an Android smart phone, should I maybe place more emphasis on Chrome.

Thanks for any opinions,

James B

That’s what I’m trying to get through Dennis’s thick scull, but he’s not listening. Edge, Chrome, and FF is the way to go now. Sorry Dennis it is what it is and its time to move on.

Microsoft is not at all doing anything for IE any more except maybe some security updates, that browser is done and while I tmay stick around for a while simply because large corporations may still use it, I doubt they are putting any development effort into an end of life product

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Larry Wayland

I still like IE because it just works better for me, and I haven’t seen anywhere that Micro soft is discontinueing it anytime soon.

Dennis. Son its time to kiss IE 11 goodbye sir. It will never ever be updated again. Heck I don’t use it on my WIN 10 machine. Just bite the bullet and move to Edge, FF, or Chrome.

Hi, is there an addon that you can use in internet explorer that will give you reader view?

David Ouimet

Hi Joseph, Thanks for stepping in. I been on the list for quite awhile, but one reason I write less frequently is because of the arguing and conflicts ones keep causing. We are so fortunate Microsoft works with us and has implemented our feedback whenever they can and are doing that for us now too. We are a team with Windows10 and screenreader accessibility. .

David  

Sent: July 1, 2018 8:30 AM
Subject: Head list representative sends an arbitration invitation to partiesinvolved: RE: [win10] addon for Reader view for internet explorer#AdminNotice

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Etc.

Hi, James,

Rosemarie

Hi,

Thanks for any opinions,

James B

Hi,

Based on data I have and history of interaction between the people involved, I hereby declare end of arbitration with the following results:

• The “IE reading mode” thread shall continue.
  • Head list representative requests restraint from both sides.
  • Specifically, one person would have prevailed all the way if it wasn’t for the use of vulgar term to respond to a post that have clearly offended this person (the vulgar term in question being “your ass off”).

A word of advice: telling folks to use latest and greatest to a point where members feel uncomfortable does more harm than good, and responding with vulgar terms when another person offended a member might not be a good idea.

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:30 AM
To: 'win10@win10.groups.io' <win10@win10.groups.io>
Subject: Head list representative sends an arbitration invitation to parties involved: RE: [win10] addon for Reader view for internet explorer #AdminNotice

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Etc.

Hi, James,

Rosemarie

Hi,

Thanks for any opinions,

James B