Topics

Huge changes coming in Narrator in the next feature update #narrator #ADVISORY #wintendev

Hi all,

For those on Insiders subgroup should have received a new build announcement, but because it’ll affect others, I’m posting a preliminary advisory here as well:

Narrator changes under testing: in Insider Preview build 17692, Microsoft highlighted several changes planned for Narrator in the next feature update. Highlights include new keyboard layout, find, list of objects, and what not. More info can be found at:

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/06/14/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17692/#efBRMkE0oTolkrzM.97

The most notable change is the new keyboard layout (according to release notes). A document with new set of commands can be found in the build release notes. For those who’d like to read it without opening OneDrive and such, I have uploaded a copy on my site at:

http://www.josephsl.net/files/win10/Introduction%20to%20the%20new%20Standard%20Keyboard%20Layout%20for%20Narrator.docx

Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...>

New keyboard layout? Hope it closely resembles the one currently used by NVDA 2018.1.2 for my head is about to explode keeping track of all these screenreader keyboard navigation differences in my aging brain ;P

On 6/14/2018 1:32 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

Ron Kolesar

Will it have keyboard commands similar to JAWS?
The speech quality is already there.
It’s jus in my opinion that there needs to be more keyboard UI input.
Hope this feedback helps out.
Ron

[...]

Lino Morales

Hi Ron. I’m running the latest build which came out to us Insiders today. Yes similar commands do work like in JAWS and NVDA. Come join us in Insiderville if you wish to enjoy this new keyboard layout in MS Narrator.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Mário Navarro

thank you Joseph.

cheers.

Às 18:32 de 14/06/2018, Joseph Lee escreveu:

[...]

Avast logo