Topics

Notice: in case you're seeing your own email address at bottom of posts #groupsio

Hi all,

Some folks reported that they’re seeing their own email addresses at ends of posts, and it was reported to Groups.IO staff. I’m keeping an eye on this, and am thinking that it may have to do with recent code changes on Groups.IO regarding email address processing. I’ll provide updates once we get a response.

After looking at Groups.IO’s Beta group archive and messages on other forums, it appears this is something Groups.IO has added so you can figure out which email address you’re subscribed with. This is meant to reduce confusion (as several people put it).

To Brian: could you mind writing a general description of this so it can be sent to many lists please?

Some folks reported that they’re seeing their own email addresses at ends of posts, and it was reported to Groups.IO staff. I’m keeping an eye on this, and am thinking that it may have to do with recent code changes on Groups.IO regarding email address processing. I’ll provide updates once we get a response.

matthew dyer

Hi,

I am using outlook.com and any list that I post to rather it is groups.io or any other service, always gives me a copy of my own message.  Just pointing this out incase it is a service thing with email services.

Matthew

On 06/13/2018 02:59 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Some folks reported that they’re seeing their own email addresses at ends of posts, and it was reported to Groups.IO staff. I’m keeping an eye on this, and am thinking that it may have to do with recent code changes on Groups.IO regarding email address processing. I’ll provide updates once we get a response.

Lino Morales

Hi Joseph. Thanks for letting them know. I don’t mind people emailing me, but I’d rather people email me privately if I post something that could be off topic at my ISP’s email address I use.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10