Topics

Important notice for Cortana users: Anniversary Update changes listening mode command to Windows+Shift+C #a11y #WinTenOld

Hi all,

Important notice for Cortana users: as some of you may know, Windows+C is the command to let Cortana listen to you. In Anniversary Update, this is changing to Windows+Shift+C.

The next update news will be sent once Anniversary Update RTM build is signed by Microsoft (just a few days from now according to some Insiders).

Thanks.

Lino Morales

As Yoda would say herrrm. I wonder what the old WIN key plus C will do once the update is out on AUG 2nd?

On 7/7/2016 5:58 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Important notice for Cortana users: as some of you may know, Windows+C is the command to let Cortana listen to you. In Anniversary Update, this is changing to Windows+Shift+C.

The next update news will be sent once Anniversary Update RTM build is signed by Microsoft (just a few days from now according to some Insiders).

Thanks.

David Moore

Hi,
I wonder the same thing!
I hope that Windows+C will let us tell the computer or tablet to get us some coffee LOL!
David Moore (win10 list moderator)

Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2016 6:55 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Important notice for Cortana users: Anniversary Update changes listening mode command to Windows+Shift+C #WinTen1607 #A11Y

As Yoda would say herrrm. I wonder what the old WIN key plus C will do once the update is out on AUG 2nd?

On 7/7/2016 5:58 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Important notice for Cortana users: as some of you may know, Windows+C is the command to let Cortana listen to you. In Anniversary Update, this is changing to Windows+Shift+C.

The next update news will be sent once Anniversary Update RTM build is signed by Microsoft (just a few days from now according to some Insiders).

Thanks.

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Hi,

Has anyone heard whether the shut down sound will be enabled?

Tom

Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2016 6:55 PM

As Yoda would say herrrm. I wonder what the old WIN key plus C will do once the update is out on AUG 2nd?

On 7/7/2016 5:58 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Important notice for Cortana users: as some of you may know, Windows+C is the command to let Cortana listen to you. In Anniversary Update, this is changing to Windows+Shift+C.

The next update news will be sent once Anniversary Update RTM build is signed by Microsoft (just a few days from now according to some Insiders).

Thanks.

For more info visit www.bullguard.com

derek riemer

The program coffee is currently not installed. to install it, ask Cortana to install coffee. :-)

Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2016 6:55 PM

As Yoda would say herrrm. I wonder what the old WIN key plus C will do once the update is out on AUG 2nd?

On 7/7/2016 5:58 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Important notice for Cortana users: as some of you may know, Windows+C is the command to let Cortana listen to you. In Anniversary Update, this is changing to Windows+Shift+C.

The next update news will be sent once Anniversary Update RTM build is signed by Microsoft (just a few days from now according to some Insiders).

Thanks.

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Awesome little hand built weather app!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

David Moore

Hi,
I drink coffee; I could not get along without it. I thought that Windows+C could become the new command for Cortana to turn on the coffee maker and make me coffee in the morning LOL! I love coffieieieieieieioffieieieieieieieieioffieieieieieieieieieieiieoffieieieieieieieieieieieieieioffieieieiieieiei
hahahhaahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahhhahahhahahhahahahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahhahahahhahahhahhahahahhahhha
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
David Moore (win10 list moderator)

Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2016 6:55 PM

[...]

mailto:derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

derek riemer

Haha. I'm laughing pretty hard. If you are a programmer, read this. the I'm a little tea pot error.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyper_Text_Coffee_Pot_Control_Protocol

Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2016 6:55 PM

--

Derek Riemer

  • Department of computer science, third year undergraduate student.
  • Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
  • Open source enthusiast.
  • Member of Bridge Cu
  • Avid skiier.

Websites:
Honors portfolio
Awesome little hand built weather app!

email me at derek.riemer@...
Phone: (303) 906-2194

David Moore

Hi Derek,
I am glad you were able to laugh at that. I am a programmer and appreciate you sending me that link.
Have a great one.
David Moore (win10 list moderator)

Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2016 6:55 PM

[...]

Ann Parsons <akp@...>

Hi all,

Excuse me for asking a somewhat odd question, but what is #a11y? It's all over the place and nobody has seen fit to explain it. I guess it's a secret code for developers?

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost."

Lino Morales

Its a pathetic hashtag used on Facebook and Twitter for accessibility. I don't like it!

On 7/17/2016 7:42 AM, Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Excuse me for asking a somewhat odd question, but what is #a11y? It's all over the place and nobody has seen fit to explain it. I guess it's a secret code for developers?

Ann P.

Kevin Chao

A11y = accessibility
11 characters between a and y