Topics

For those using mail classifiers - PLEASE whitelist groups.io! #groupsio

I have no idea what product it is that puts both "[SUSPECT]" and "[win10]" in the e-mail Subject line, but at the person trying to maintain the archive such that threads remain together I am begging those that use it to please whitelist either "groups.io" (easier) or "win10.groups.io" in the classifier so that it ceases and desists on doing so.

Messages from groups.io will not and do not end up in your inbox without your having subscribed to a group or groups on the service.  As such, messages from that domain should not ever be considered to be "iffy" under any circumstances.

Classifiers that change subject lines break threading and break it miserably.

     In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

         ~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014