Topics

Version 1803 critical period: April 30 to May 2, 2018 #AdminNotice #WinTenOld

Dear Win10 forum family,

Not long ago you may have seen a post from me detailing what will happen once Version 1803 (April 2018 Update) hits the air. This is a summary reminder as to what will happen next week:

For the first 72 hours after release of a Windows 10 feature update, this forum cluster will enter critical standby period. Effectively, all activity on this forum will be suspended except:

• Upgrade steps.
  • New feature impressions.
  • Major and critical advisories from screen reader vendors and Windows Insiders.
  • Any admin notices.

During this time Microsoft staff and screen reader vendor representatives will be elevated to temporary moderator status so they can assist you through various means. Please pay attention to words from them as they may distribute advisories you need to follow. I have asked Windows Insiders (a few weeks ago) to help you learn new things in Version 1803.

Also, as noted on the calendar invite sent not long ago, April 30th is the day first wave devices will receive feature update to Version 1803 (Semi-Annual Channel Targeted). Unless you know exactly what you’re doing, please hold off upgrading until Windows Update presents an item called “Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1803”. In summer, this update will be pushed out to everyone (including businesses), and even then, you may get this feature update later.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Cheers,

Joseph

Val Paul <vpcara79@...>

Does Jaws notify when an update is going to take place?

The reason i'm asking this is, a  couple of weeks ago, windows was trying to do an minor update and i  didn't know and switched my computer off.

I  had to take it to my pc shop as i  had interupted the cycle.

They took it back to factory settings, and re-installed windows again.

Val.

On 27/04/2018 17:45, Joseph Lee wrote:

Dear Win10 forum family,

Not long ago you may have seen a post from me detailing what will happen once Version 1803 (April 2018 Update) hits the air. This is a summary reminder as to what will happen next week:

For the first 72 hours after release of a Windows 10 feature update, this forum cluster will enter critical standby period. Effectively, all activity on this forum will be suspended except:

• Upgrade steps.
  • Major and critical advisories from screen reader vendors and Windows Insiders.
  • Any admin notices.

During this time Microsoft staff and screen reader vendor representatives will be elevated to temporary moderator status so they can assist you through various means. Please pay attention to words from them as they may distribute advisories you need to follow. I have asked Windows Insiders (a few weeks ago) to help you learn new things in Version 1803.

Also, as noted on the calendar invite sent not long ago, April 30th is the day first wave devices will receive feature update to Version 1803 (Semi-Annual Channel Targeted). Unless you know exactly what you’re doing, please hold off upgrading until Windows Update presents an item called “Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1803”. In summer, this update will be pushed out to everyone (including businesses), and even then, you may get this feature update later.

Cheers,

Joseph

Lino Morales

Val. If you go into settings and check for updates and hit enter on the advanced link and check the we’ll show you a reminder when updates are ready to be installed message. HTH.

Lino Morales

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> on behalf of Val Paul <vpcara79@...>
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 1:36:19 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Version 1803 critical period: April 30 to May 2, 2018 #AdminNotice #WinTen1803

The reason i'm asking this is, a  couple of weeks ago, windows was trying to do an minor update and i  didn't know and switched my computer off.

Val.

Dear Win10 forum family,

• Upgrade steps.
  • Any admin notices.

Cheers,

Joseph

Val Paul <vpcara79@...>

Thanks will do!

On 27/04/2018 18:43, Lino Morales wrote:

Val. If you go into settings and check for updates and hit enter on the advanced link and check the we’ll show you a reminder when updates are ready to be installed message. HTH.

Lino Morales

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> on behalf of Val Paul <vpcara79@...>
Subject: Re: [win10] Version 1803 critical period: April 30 to May 2, 2018 #AdminNotice #WinTen1803

Val.

Dear Win10 forum family,

• Upgrade steps.
  • Any admin notices.

Cheers,

Joseph

Marie <magpie.mn@...>

I do not find this option on my settings. Is it only available with Windows 10 Pro? I am running the home version.
Marie

Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 10:43 AM

Lino Morales

Val.

Dear Win10 forum family,

• Upgrade steps.
  • Any admin notices.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

It might not be there on older Windows 10 releases.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marie
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2018 9:27 AM

I do not find this option on my settings. Is it only available with Windows 10 Pro? I am running the home version.

Marie

Lino Morales

Val.

Dear Win10 forum family,

• Upgrade steps.
  • Any admin notices.

Cheers,

Joseph

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Marie,

I'm running Windows 10 Pro and can't find it either.
Take care.  Mike.  Go Dodgers!
Sennt from my iBarstool.
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2018 9:26 AM

Marie

Lino Morales

Val.

Dear Win10 forum family,

• Upgrade steps.
  • Any admin notices.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi everyone,

As a follow-up to several questions and comments: we’ll enter Version 1803 critical period effective midnight Pacific Daylight Time on April 30, 2018. For 99 percent of you, you should wait until the feature update shows up on Windows Update.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Friday, April 27, 2018 9:45 AM
To: 'win10@groups.io' <win10@groups.io>
Subject: Version 1803 critical period: April 30 to May 2, 2018 #AdminNotice #WinTen1803

Dear Win10 forum family,

• Upgrade steps.
  • Any admin notices.

Cheers,

Joseph