Topics

All passengers: make sure you're ready to meet Windows 10 build 17133 next week #AdminNotice #branchprogression #WinTenOld

Hi everyone,

The #BranchProgression tag is used for announcements like this: release preview Insiders getting the stable build, and the build moving from targeted deployment to semi-annual channel.

Here we go: release preview Insiders have just received build 17133 (Version 1803). As of this moment, we’re officially in Version 1803 era.

An important reminder: unless you really have to (or want to or need to), please do NOT upgrade to Version 1803 next week. Please wait until “Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1803” shows up on Windows Update.

Cheers,

Joseph

Dennis L <dennisl1982@...>

When do you expect that to be?

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2018 6:15 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] All passengers: make sure you're ready to meet Windows 10 build 17133 next week #AdminNotice #BranchProgression #WinTen1803

Hi everyone,

The #BranchProgression tag is used for announcements like this: release preview Insiders getting the stable build, and the build moving from targeted deployment to semi-annual channel.

Here we go: release preview Insiders have just received build 17133 (Version 1803). As of this moment, we’re officially in Version 1803 era.

An important reminder: unless you really have to (or want to or need to), please do NOT upgrade to Version 1803 next week. Please wait until “Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1803” shows up on Windows Update.

Cheers,

Joseph

Don H

and the reason for waiting is WHAT?

On 4/5/2018 5:15 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi everyone,
Cheers,
Joseph

Lino Morales

One thing I wall say is my fave feature is timeline. Love it!

Lino Morales

Sent: Thursday, April 5, 2018 6:15 PM
Subject: [win10] All passengers: make sure you're ready to meet Windows 10 build 17133 next week #AdminNotice #BranchProgression #WinTen1803

Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Joseph

Michael Chopra

Hi. I think the reason  Joseph  suggested for everybody to wait, is that so there would be no potential issues. That’s what I think, anyway.
Thanks.
From Michael. 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> on behalf of Don H <lmddh50@...>
Sent: Friday, April 6, 2018 10:24:58 AM
Subject: Re: [win10] All passengers: make sure you're ready to meet Windows 10 build 17133 next week #AdminNotice #BranchProgression #WinTen1803

> Hi everyone,
>
> The #BranchProgression tag is used for announcements like this: release
> preview Insiders getting the stable build, and the build moving from
> targeted deployment to semi-annual channel.
>
> Here we go: release preview Insiders have just received build 17133
> (Version 1803). As of this moment, we’re officially in Version 1803 era.
>
> An important reminder: unless you really have to (or want to or need
> to), please do NOT upgrade to Version 1803 next week. Please wait until
> “Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1803” shows up on Windows Update.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Joseph
>
>

well, I have always updated things, I have 2 workstations currently updating and with the death of a third and the transfer of a 4th, mine to 10 soonish, my plan is to update as soon as it shows or as soon as I can depending, its either I do it that week or simply don't update that system, but yeah, I do hope that there are no issues.

Since the workstation from 2013 which I had had trouble with uses windows update supplied drivers I don't think there will be an issue.

The last time the laptop my aunt uses was updated it had display issues and I plan to update that as soon as I can at home connected to a usb hub dock which managed to get it to work last time its a modern system brought last year so its probably going to get things immediately.

I however would prefur especially with my home and maybe some pro users that the update does not sneak on them when they are in process that does mean I may potentially get into trouble but its better getting them all done before it all goes south, hopefully hp release the updates I need before win10 latest goes live.

I have only seen 1 driver update from end of march but there were several bios and driver updates from january to mid march, but I will keep an eye on the entire kit and kiboodle

On 6/04/2018 11:31 a.m., Michael Chopra wrote:
Hi. I think the reason Joseph suggested for everybody to wait, is that so there would be no potential issues. That’s what I think, anyway.
Thanks.
From Michael.
Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
Sent: Friday, April 6, 2018 10:24:58 AM
Subject: Re: [win10] All passengers: make sure you're ready to meet Windows 10 build 17133 next week #AdminNotice #BranchProgression #WinTen1803

Hi everyone,

The #BranchProgression tag is used for announcements like this: release
preview Insiders getting the stable build, and the build moving from
targeted deployment to semi-annual channel.

Here we go: release preview Insiders have just received build 17133
(Version 1803). As of this moment, we’re officially in Version 1803 era.

An important reminder: unless you really have to (or want to or need
to), please do NOT upgrade to Version 1803 next week. Please wait until
“Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1803” shows up on Windows Update.

Cheers,

Joseph