Topics

Important notice: Windows 10 Version 1507 (build 10240) users, no more cumulative updates for those on Current Branch #branchprogression #eol

Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that there will be no more cumulative updates for those running Windows 10 Version 1507 (build 10240 series). This affects those who are on the following editions or branches:

·         Windows 10 Home 1507

·         Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, Education 1507 who are on Current Branch (CB)

Those on Enterprise LTSB (long-term servicing) and those using Current Branch for Business (CBB) are not affected.

Source: Windows 10 release information page: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mt679505.aspx

P.S. The #BranchProgression hashtag will be used for messages like this. In addition, two new hashtags, #EOL and #EndOfSupport will be used for announcements of this kind. Thank you.

Let me take it back: CB on build 10240 is still supported. Sorry about that.

This is to inform you that there will be no more cumulative updates for those running Windows 10 Version 1507 (build 10240 series). This affects those who are on the following editions or branches:

·         Windows 10 Home 1507

·         Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, Education 1507 who are on Current Branch (CB)

Those on Enterprise LTSB (long-term servicing) and those using Current Branch for Business (CBB) are not affected.

Source: Windows 10 release information page: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mt679505.aspx

P.S. The #BranchProgression hashtag will be used for messages like this. In addition, two new hashtags, #EOL and #EndOfSupport will be used for announcements of this kind. Thank you.

Larry Higgins

Where does one find all of this branch and build information?

On 5/10/2016 12:31 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that there will be no more cumulative updates for those running Windows 10 Version 1507 (build 10240 series). This affects those who are on the following editions or branches:

·         Windows 10 Home 1507

·         Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, Education 1507 who are on Current Branch (CB)

Those on Enterprise LTSB (long-term servicing) and those using Current Branch for Business (CBB) are not affected.

Source: Windows 10 release information page: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mt679505.aspx

P.S. The #BranchProgression hashtag will be used for messages like this. In addition, two new hashtags, #EOL and #EndOfSupport will be used for announcements of this kind. Thank you.

It is located at Microsout site where it talks about branches and so on (URL is posted below).
BTW, the original info I sent earlier is incorrect (build 10240 is still supported).

From: "Larry Higgins" <larry.b.higgins@...
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 10 May 2016 14:07:18 -0500

Where does one find all of this branch and build information?

On 5/10/2016 12:31 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that there will be no more cumulative updates
for those running Windows 10 Version 1507 (build 10240 series). This
affects those who are on the following editions or branches:

톆indows 10 Home 1507

톆indows 10 Pro, Enterprise, Education 1507 who are on Current Branch (CB)

Those on Enterprise LTSB (long-term servicing) and those using Current
Branch for Business (CBB) are not affected.

Source: Windows 10 release information page:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mt679505.aspx

P.S. The #BranchProgression hashtag will be used for messages like
this. In addition, two new hashtags, #EOL and #EndOfSupport will be
used for announcements of this kind. Thank you.

Larry Higgins

Well, I guess I really shouldn't be effected by any of this, since I upgraded as recently as Apr. 16, right?

Hi,

From: "Larry Higgins" <larry.b.higgins@...
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 10 May 2016 14:07:18 -0500

Where does one find all of this branch and build information?

On 5/10/2016 12:31 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that there will be no more cumulative updates
for those running Windows 10 Version 1507 (build 10240 series). This
affects those who are on the following editions or branches:

톆indows 10 Home 1507

톆indows 10 Pro, Enterprise, Education 1507 who are on Current Branch (CB)

Those on Enterprise LTSB (long-term servicing) and those using Current
Branch for Business (CBB) are not affected.

Source: Windows 10 release information page:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mt679505.aspx

P.S. The #BranchProgression hashtag will be used for messages like
this. In addition, two new hashtags, #EOL and #EndOfSupport will be
used for announcements of this kind. Thank you.

Christopher-Mark Gilland

Wait,

I'm really confused.  Sorry it's taking me so long to catch up on my mail, but, I missed this initially.  Are you saying that MS is no longer supporting Windows 10?
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.
Training Instructor.

clgilland07@...
Where does one find all of this branch and build information?

On 5/10/2016 12:31 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that there will be no more cumulative updates for those running Windows 10 Version 1507 (build 10240 series). This affects those who are on the following editions or branches:

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·         <!--[endif]-->Windows 10 Home 1507

<!--[if !supportLists]-->·         <!--[endif]-->Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, Education 1507 who are on Current Branch (CB)

Those on Enterprise LTSB (long-term servicing) and those using Current Branch for Business (CBB) are not affected.

Source: Windows 10 release information page: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mt679505.aspx

P.S. The #BranchProgression hashtag will be used for messages like this. In addition, two new hashtags, #EOL and #EndOfSupport will be used for announcements of this kind. Thank you.

MS is still supporting Windows 10. The original post referred to a specific build of Windows 10.

Cheers,

Jsoeph

Where does one find all of this branch and build information?

On 5/10/2016 12:31 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that there will be no more cumulative updates for those running Windows 10 Version 1507 (build 10240 series). This affects those who are on the following editions or branches:

1.       <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->Windows 10 Home 1507

2.       <!--[if !supportLists]--><!--[endif]-->Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, Education 1507 who are on Current Branch (CB)

Those on Enterprise LTSB (long-term servicing) and those using Current Branch for Business (CBB) are not affected.

Source: Windows 10 release information page: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mt679505.aspx

P.S. The #BranchProgression hashtag will be used for messages like this. In addition, two new hashtags, #EOL and #EndOfSupport will be used for announcements of this kind. Thank you.

Christopher-Mark Gilland

I was about to say!
---
Christopher Gilland
JAWS Certified, 2016.
Training Instructor.

@AHeart4God316
Phone: (704) 256-8010.

From: "Larry Higgins" <larry.b.higgins@...
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Date sent: Tue, 10 May 2016 14:07:18 -0500
Subject: Re: [win10] Important notice: Windows 10 Version 1507
(build 10240) users, no more cumulative updates for those on
Current Branch #BranchProgression #EOL #EndOfSupport

Where does one find all of this branch and build information?

On 5/10/2016 12:31 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hello everyone,

This is to inform you that there will be no more cumulative
updates
for those running Windows 10 Version 1507 (build 10240 series).
This
affects those who are on the following editions or branches:

?indows 10 Home 1507