Topics

I would like to have the windows 7 sound schemes on Windows 10

Loy

I would like to have the windows 7 sound schemes on Windows 10, is there a place I can get these sounds

enes sarıbaş

On 5/8/2016 11:03 PM, Loy wrote:

I would like to have the windows 7 sound schemes on Windows 10, is there a place I can get these sounds

Manish Nagwani

Will I get window starting sound in window 10 as does we are getting
in window 7 when win 7 start.

On 5/9/16, enes sarıbaş <enes.saribas@...> wrote:
hi,

found this

http://winsounds.com/windows-7-default-sounds/

On 5/8/2016 11:03 PM, Loy wrote:

I would like to have the windows 7 sound schemes on Windows 10, is
there a place I can get these sounds

enes sarıbaş

hi,

you can do so by checking the play startup checkbox in the sound affects tab.

On 5/8/2016 11:03 PM, Loy wrote:
I would like to have the windows 7 sound schemes on Windows 10, is
there a place I can get these sounds

I have noticed on those systems when you upgrade and the box is allready checked its checked but its like the setting did not transfer right so it doesn't work.

On 5/8/2016 11:03 PM, Loy wrote:
I would like to have the windows 7 sound schemes on Windows 10, is
there a place I can get these sounds

Manish Nagwani

Can you tell me where will I get this play startup

On 5/8/2016 11:03 PM, Loy wrote:
I would like to have the windows 7 sound schemes on Windows 10, is
there a place I can get these sounds

Kevin Cussick

what I have found is even though I have checked this box it doesn't sound the sound at start up, but if you do a restart works every time.

On 5/8/2016 11:03 PM, Loy wrote:
I would like to have the windows 7 sound schemes on Windows 10, is
there a place I can get these sounds

Deborah Palmer

Yes.
The soundscheme schemes are still there but have been disabled by Microsoft
starting from windows 8 so you will have to enable them again but I think
you will need a sighted person to do it.

Debbie

sampath raj rao

Even if the windows start up sound is enabled in win 10 the music
never sounds until you disable quick/ fast start up of windows in the
power options...
I have experienced this.
In order for a faster startup of win 10 in default the fast boot mode
is enabled and thats the reason for us to sign into windows destop
within a few seconds after pressing the power key.

On 5/9/16, Deborah Palmer <deborahpalmer1@...> wrote:
Yes.
The soundscheme schemes are still there but have been disabled by Microsoft
starting from windows 8 so you will have to enable them again but I think
you will need a sighted person to do it.

Debbie

sampath raj rao wrote:  ". . . In order for a faster startup of win 10 in default the fast boot mode is enabled. . ."

Indeed, with the introduction of fast boot in Windows 8 (and that's what I think it's called there) and fast start in Windows 10 doing a shutdown is no longer doing a full shutdown.  Shutting down is more like a mini-hibernation and there is a hiberfile that is created when fast start is enabled.  I have seen this feature cause no end of problems when something in the hiberfile becomes corrupted and I routinely disable it on any machine I work on.  When I power down a machine I want it to start completely from scratch the next time it boots, period.

I found it even weirder that Restart forcibly flushes out the existing hiberfile, causing everything to reload from scratch when rebooting, while doing a shutdown-restart sequence does not when fast start is enabled.  That's about as backwards an arrangement as can be.

Brian
--
     To think is to differ.
           ~ Clarence Darrow

Mark Brett

So how do I disable this feature?

Mark Brett

Sent from my iPhone
SMS: 07962432222
Phone: 08432086070
Zello: markbrett1
Skype markbrett1

On 9 May 2016, at 14:42, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

[...]

       Believe it or not, it's done through the Power options of Control Panel.

1.  Get into the Windows 10 Settings then search on "Power & Sleep Settings."  Open this, which throws you into the System Settings, Power & Sleep Pane

2.  The last item in the Power & Sleep pane is a link to Advanced Power Settings.  Activate this.

3.  This will open the good, old-fashioned Power Options dialog that is in Control Panel.  (If you wish to go to Control Panel directly rather than following steps 1 & 2 to get to this dialog you can do that instead).

4.  There is a link that reads, "Choose what the power button does."  Activate it.

5.  There is a link at the top of the dialog that opens that reads, "Change settings that are currently unavailable."  Activate it.  If you don't the checkbox for Fast Startup that is in the dialog is stippled out and cannot be manipulated.

6.  Find the checkbox (which happens to be the first one) with the label, "Turn on fast startup (recommended)," and make sure to uncheck it.

7.  Optional Step.  If you wish to enable Sleep and/or Hibernate in your Power Menu check the checkboxes for same.

8.  Find the Save Changes button and activate it.  Fast Start is now off.

Brian
--

Brian
--

Steve Dresser

Hi Brian,

I typed "fast start" into the search box, but couldn't find that option.  I also looked under Advanced Power Settings, but couldn't find it there either.  I think I'm missing something, but I don't know what it is.

Steve

[...]

            You will not get anything returned for a search on "Fast Start" either via a Cortana search nor when using the search box on Settings, which is why I did not suggest using this.  It is an option within a settings panel and not all of those show up, and particularly ones that are not able to be manipulated by default.

            Please follow the instructions as I gave them, step by step.  The only place you're going to find the Fast Start setting is under the "Choose what the power button does" link that's part of Advanced Power Settings (which is actually just the old fashioned Power Options dialog of Control Panel, and you can, if you so choose, just open Control Panel and get the Power options dialog up then continue at step 4 in my prior step-by-step instructions).
--

Brian
--

Steve Dresser

Hi Brian,

I read your previous post, followed your excellent instructions, and all is well.  Thanks for your help.

[...]

disable hybrid boot from power options and the startup sound will play each time.

On 5/8/2016 11:03 PM, Loy wrote:
I would like to have the windows 7 sound schemes on Windows 10, is
there a place I can get these sounds

enes sarıbaş

hi brian,

another thing to add here. If you own an ssd, disabling the fast boot option will prelong it's life as no hyberfile will be written each time the system is powered down.  Those files can significantly reduce the lifetime of an ssd.

On 5/9/2016 4:42 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

[...]

David Moore

Hi Brian,
This is why I always do a restart instead of closing the computer down. I have always thought that this is ironic ever since the fast boot came out in Windows 8. I have never liked the fast start, and if I ever would shut down my win10 computer, I would disable that fast start option in the power settings. However, I just do a restart, so my win10 computer can boot up from scratch LOL! Here is something else that all must know. If you run JAWS, for example, in demo mode, shutting the computer down with fast start enabled, will not reset the timer for another 45 minutes. To do this, you have to restart the computer to reset the timer for a program running in demo mode. I did not know about the hiberfile that is downloaded when you shut down the computer with fast start turned on. I always learn from you. I love to always learn, so you always make my day.
David Moore (win10 list moderator)

Sent: Monday, May 9, 2016 9:42 AM

[...]

          The not resetting of the uptime when doing a shutdown rather than a restart is something I experienced firsthand during my time as a Windows Insider and for a short while after the initial release.  Unless something has crept back in, this is a bug that was fixed.  Your uptime should reset even if you do a shutdown, not a restart, even if fast start is enabled.  If it isn't doing that now then a bug has made its way back in.

           I just don't feel like turning fast start on again to test this all out, as it's not critically important if you know that Restart actually causes the whole OS to reload from scratch.

Brian
--
     To think is to differ.
           ~ Clarence Darrow

David Moore

Brian, Thanks a lot. I will test it, because I still have the fast start turned on. Wow, you made my day again LOL!
David Moore (win10 list moderator)