Date   

Re: How to check the win 10 version of iso downloaded from Microsoft

Billy Inglis
 

hi Brian, I have an elderly lady friend who is blind, and housebound. Would she be able to upgrade using the tool to upgrade from windows7 to windows10, and where to get the tool please?.

On 10/11/2020 16:50, Brian Vogel wrote:
What is the name of the ISO file itself?
What downloads if you're using the Media Creation Tool will always be the most current release as of the day you're downloading it, and since 20H2 made its debut on October 21, 2020, if you used the MCT to create a copy after that it will be 20H2.
Also, the Media Creation Tool itself should have the name of the version it creates right in the name of its executable as well.  At one time this could not be relied on 100% as "the last releases" MCT would still fetch the latest release, at least for a while.  I do not know if Microsoft has changed that such that an MCT for a specific release will never get anything but that release, or not.  I do know that if you try to run the MCT for "an older release" you will get the message that it cannot be used anymore and that you need to obtain a copy of the latest MCT.
--
Brian *-*Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
/The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it./
       ~ Lawrence Krauss
--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


A few random windows 10 questions

Stephanie
 

Hi all,

I'm new to my computer and new to windows 10. 

Tonight I installed the braille music editor. But when I tried to install the jaws scripts that come with it, I got some error message, with some tech stuff I didn't understand, followed by telling me to press control s to compile the scripts. Not sure if they are installed correctly and how to check that? 

Also, when trying to view the help documentation for the programme I installed, it came up with a treeview of topics; however, I couldn't work out how to view the document that goes with it. I thought I could use right arrrow to expand it, or enter to open it, but that didn't work. So what am I missing? 

Thanks for your help and patsence!

Steph  


Re: Windows 10 issues - please help

 

the iso is about 4.57gb with the windows 10 20h2 update so this may be
the last iso that may fit on a dvd

On 11/11/20, tim <z2004a1@gmail.com> wrote:
Hope you like feathers, because just did a dvd install of win10 2004.
It slide into that 1tb ssd in about 10 minits on a hp 800g1 I5.
See the only way to install on that box is by dvd. Never had a monitor
hooked up and don't need one.
.


On 11/10/2020 1:58 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Fanus,

You have asked this question before (or at least I think you have, someone
definitely has), and I have answered it before.  You cannot use DVDs for
any recent Windows 10 install media.  It has become too large.  A USB
thumb drive has become, and will remain, the primary media for creating
Windows 10 install drives.

You need a USB thumb drive that is at least 8GB in size and can use the
MCT to directly create the Windows 10 install media on that USB thumb
drive.

And if you are trying to do an in-place feature upgrade, you do not even
need external media at all.  You can simply download the ISO file to your
drive and kick off setup.exe from it. Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or
Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file (
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&;id=1RZiHlLVtXewYBgoSvJNm9_08hj1tALPK
)

Those are the only options available, and if you don't have a place for
the ISO to land that's large enough then you must acquire one before you
attempt to download it.  And if, by chance, you were to have less than
10GB of space left on your system drive, you either need to get a new,
larger drive or offload stuff from the drive you're using, as you need to
have "breathing space" on a system drive for paging and other things.  You
never want a main system drive to be any more than 90% full.
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
~ Lawrence Krauss









--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3


Re: Windows 10 issues - please help

tim
 

Hope you like feathers, because just did a dvd install of win10 2004.
It slide into that 1tb ssd in about 10 minits on a hp 800g1 I5.
See the only way to install on that box is by dvd. Never had a monitor hooked up and don't need one.
.

On 11/10/2020 1:58 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Fanus,
You have asked this question before (or at least I think you have, someone definitely has), and I have answered it before.  You cannot use DVDs for any recent Windows 10 install media.  It has become too large.  A USB thumb drive has become, and will remain, the primary media for creating Windows 10 install drives.
You need a USB thumb drive that is at least 8GB in size and can use the MCT to directly create the Windows 10 install media on that USB thumb drive.
And if you are trying to do an in-place feature upgrade, you do not even need external media at all.  You can simply download the ISO file to your drive and kick off setup.exe from it. Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file ( https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&;id=1RZiHlLVtXewYBgoSvJNm9_08hj1tALPK )
Those are the only options available, and if you don't have a place for the ISO to land that's large enough then you must acquire one before you attempt to download it.  And if, by chance, you were to have less than 10GB of space left on your system drive, you either need to get a new, larger drive or offload stuff from the drive you're using, as you need to have "breathing space" on a system drive for paging and other things.  You never want a main system drive to be any more than 90% full.
--
Brian *-* Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
~ Lawrence Krauss


Re: Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

 

dont return it.
uninstall McAfee antivirus and see the difference.

On 11/11/20, William Wong <sine.kazurin@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, we do not know whether the problem is related to the update or
not....


Hamit Campos 於 11/11/2020 0:46 寫道:
Ah that reminds me my XPS did  update to 2004 I'd have to get ya the
build. Ah it's build 19041.610. Then it was doing that. Again I stress
with the Backup Pluss drive hooked up.

On 11/10/2020 8:20 AM, William Wong wrote:
Today my friend ask me, could my new pc problem is caused by the
latest windows 10 2004. But I told him that I could not identify
whether the problem is related to Windows 10 or not.

If it is a Windows 10 issue, I could definitely not needed to replace
or refund my pc and just wait for the patch from Microsoft...but who
knows what cause the problem.....

Loy 於 10/11/2020 2:18 寫道:
I believe it is 30 days. Look on their web site and find out for
sure, or
call customer service.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hamit Campos" <hamitcampos@gmail.com>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


How long is that time? It's the 9th of November. Mine came a fewdays
before
October.

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 10:35 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

No restocking fee if you return it in the allotted time period. I
returned
one a couple of years ago and they sent me a paid return Label. I then
reorder another computer and it is working great.
I can't believe that they would want you to replace the logic board
yourself.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


Don't know if Dell is like HP but if you return a laptop there is a
restocking fee which is something like 15 percent of the value of the
laptop.

On 11/8/2020 8:38 PM, William Wong wrote:
I finally contacted Dell support and offered to replace with a new
one.

But it is strange that, Dell instructed me to going through a
diagnostic mechanism and reported that the pc has no hardware issue.

He suspected that the high ram issue is related to the apps I am
running.

I told him that, I am using the same set of apps on a older machine on
2013, and it even cost fewer ram memory.

Then he suspected it may be related to logic board issue and suggested
me to replace the logic board.

I said, if I wait for the logic board replacement, it may exceeded the
7day of return or replace requirement, then I request a replacement.






Loy 於 8/11/2020 3:58 寫道:
I would call 'Dell and get a Return Authorization Number before
returning it. I have found that Dell is very good in honoring their
warenty.
----- Original Message -----
From: "William Wong" <sine.kazurin@gmail.com>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 8:44 AM
Subject: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


Hi,

As my old pc has broken down all at a sudden, I bought a new Dell
desktop computer with

8GB ram

Intel 10 generation core i5

250G SSD and 1TB HDD


I found that my new computer will always run out of ram

I simply open a few apps like one firefox, several folders and a
notepad ++

and my NVDA will soon became very unresponsive

According to resource monitor the physical袃ram is around 9x and
virtual ram is also 3xG

I have already manually increased the virtual ram, disabled possible
performance hindering default apps, etc, but the problem seemed not
fixed.

Only today I have already manually forced turn off the computer
because of not responding nvda for 3 times or more, and this is only
my third day of using this new pc.

I feel really frustrated , do any one can give me any useful advice?

thanks,

William











































--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3


Re: Windows 10 issues - please help

 

lets get back to topic.
so as the internet or wifi is not working the only way i find that may
work and i say may is because both are on a single chip.
if both the laptops have bluetooth you can transfer setup files over
bluetooth and install.
but you will need sighted help to do the entire process.
if its a failed wifi card, bluetooth may not work as mostly both are
on the same card.

On 11/11/20, Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:
Fanus,

You have asked this question before (or at least I think you have, someone
definitely has), and I have answered it before.  You cannot use DVDs for any
recent Windows 10 install media.  It has become too large.  A USB thumb
drive has become, and will remain, the primary media for creating Windows 10
install drives.

You need a USB thumb drive that is at least 8GB in size and can use the MCT
to directly create the Windows 10 install media on that USB thumb drive.

And if you are trying to do an in-place feature upgrade, you do not even
need external media at all.  You can simply download the ISO file to your
drive and kick off setup.exe from it. Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or
Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file (
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&;id=1RZiHlLVtXewYBgoSvJNm9_08hj1tALPK
)

Those are the only options available, and if you don't have a place for the
ISO to land that's large enough then you must acquire one before you attempt
to download it.  And if, by chance, you were to have less than 10GB of space
left on your system drive, you either need to get a new, larger drive or
offload stuff from the drive you're using, as you need to have "breathing
space" on a system drive for paging and other things.  You never want a main
system drive to be any more than 90% full.
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
~ Lawrence Krauss





--
search for me on facebook, google+, orkut..
austinpinto.xaviers@gmail.com
follow me on twitter.
austinmpinto
contact me on skype.
austin.pinto3


Searching the Group Archive - A Tutorial

 

Believe it or not, Groups.io has made searching the group archive easier than it once was as far as plowing through search results goes, so I have updated the document, Searching the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users Group Archive (MS-Word format)

Both JAWS and NVDA are mentioned in this document, because a NVDA user new to JAWS might be using NVDA for their searches, and vice versa.

My problem is that I really cannot know what "table traversal method" any given individual might use and prefer, so I don't get really specific on that aspect.  I have never received any feedback (which I'd appreciate either on this topic or by using the Reply to Sender link at the bottom of this message to reply to me privately) from anyone, so if you use them and find something that you found difficult to follow or have other suggestions for improvement please share them.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it. 
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


Re: Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

William
 

Well, we do not know whether the problem is related to the update or not....


Hamit Campos 於 11/11/2020 0:46 寫道:

Ah that reminds me my XPS did  update to 2004 I'd have to get ya the build. Ah it's build 19041.610. Then it was doing that. Again I stress with the Backup Pluss drive hooked up.

On 11/10/2020 8:20 AM, William Wong wrote:
Today my friend ask me, could my new pc problem is caused by the latest windows 10 2004. But I told him that I could not identify whether the problem is related to Windows 10 or not.

If it is a Windows 10 issue, I could definitely not needed to replace or refund my pc and just wait for the patch from Microsoft...but who knows what cause the problem.....

Loy 於 10/11/2020 2:18 寫道:
I believe it is 30 days. Look on their web site and find out for sure, or
call customer service.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hamit Campos" <hamitcampos@gmail.com>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


How long is that time? It's the 9th of November. Mine came a fewdays before
October.

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 10:35 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

No restocking fee if you return it in the allotted time period. I returned
one a couple of years ago and they sent me a paid return Label. I then
reorder another computer and it is working great.
I can't believe that they would want you to replace the logic board
yourself.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


Don't know if Dell is like HP but if you return a laptop there is a
restocking fee which is something like 15 percent of the value of the
laptop.

On 11/8/2020 8:38 PM, William Wong wrote:
I finally contacted Dell support and offered to replace with a new one.

But it is strange that, Dell instructed me to going through a
diagnostic mechanism and reported that the pc has no hardware issue.

He suspected that the high ram issue is related to the apps I am running.

I told him that, I am using the same set of apps on a older machine on
2013, and it even cost fewer ram memory.

Then he suspected it may be related to logic board issue and suggested
me to replace the logic board.

I said, if I wait for the logic board replacement, it may exceeded the
7day of return or replace requirement, then I request a replacement.






Loy 於 8/11/2020 3:58 寫道:
I would call 'Dell and get a Return Authorization Number before
returning it. I have found that Dell is very good in honoring their
warenty.
----- Original Message -----
From: "William Wong" <sine.kazurin@gmail.com>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 8:44 AM
Subject: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


Hi,

As my old pc has broken down all at a sudden, I bought a new Dell
desktop computer with

8GB ram

Intel 10 generation core i5

250G SSD and 1TB HDD


I found that my new computer will always run out of ram

I simply open a few apps like one firefox, several folders and a
notepad ++

and my NVDA will soon became very unresponsive

According to resource monitor the physical袃ram is around 9x and
virtual ram is also 3xG

I have already manually increased the virtual ram, disabled possible
performance hindering default apps, etc, but the problem seemed not
fixed.

Only today I have already manually forced turn off the computer
because of not responding nvda for 3 times or more, and this is only
my third day of using this new pc.

I feel really frustrated , do any one can give me any useful advice?

thanks,

William







































Re: Windows 10 issues - please help

 

Fanus,

           You have asked this question before (or at least I think you have, someone definitely has), and I have answered it before.  You cannot use DVDs for any recent Windows 10 install media.  It has become too large.  A USB thumb drive has become, and will remain, the primary media for creating Windows 10 install drives.

            You need a USB thumb drive that is at least 8GB in size and can use the MCT to directly create the Windows 10 install media on that USB thumb drive.

            And if you are trying to do an in-place feature upgrade, you do not even need external media at all.  You can simply download the ISO file to your drive and kick off setup.exe from it.  Doing a Windows 10 Repair Install or Feature Update Using the Windows 10 ISO file

             Those are the only options available, and if you don't have a place for the ISO to land that's large enough then you must acquire one before you attempt to download it.  And if, by chance, you were to have less than 10GB of space left on your system drive, you either need to get a new, larger drive or offload stuff from the drive you're using, as you need to have "breathing space" on a system drive for paging and other things.  You never want a main system drive to be any more than 90% full.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it. 
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


Re: Windows 10 issues - please help

Fanus
 

Hello Brian

My Windows 10 issue is that I downloaded the MCT and it then downloads the software but each time at 59% during the install process I get a message "windows 10 install failed". There is no indication for the failure, just an ok button. I then downloaded the iso file using the same MCT but it is too large to burn on the DVD that I used. The DVD capacity is 4.4 GB and the iso file requires 4.7. I bought this DVD quite a while ago so does one get DVD's with more capacity? I can not use the USB method because my system does not recognize USB sticks and I do not have sighted assistance to change the boot sequence in the CMOS which I think is required if one installs from a USB stick. Do you perhaps have a suggestion?

Regards

Fanus

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 7:13 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows 10 issues - please help

 

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 01:50 AM, Richard Villa wrote:

Because the computer is older you need to copy the drivers folder to make sure you have drivers that may be device dependent.

-
I have found as the years have gone by, regardless of the age of the hardware, that this is less and less necessary as device manufacturers have submitted more and more of their drivers for inclusion in The Great Microsoft Driver Library in the Cloud.

I do clean installs far more frequently than "your average Joe or Jane" just because of what I do for a living.  I seldom have to download device drivers afterward these days, and on the rare occasions I do it might be one or two, at the very most.

Anything that would be on an older system is probably due for a driver update from the device manufacturer's repository, anyway.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it. 
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


Final consumer-level cumulative update for Version 1809: KB4586793/build 17763.1577 #KBAlert #WinTenOld #eol

 

Hello all,

The following notice is applicable if you are using October 2018 Update (Version 1809) which should be none of us:

 

The final consumer-level cumulative update (KB4586793/build 17763.1577) is now available (hence the #EOL (end of life) hashtag):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4586793/windows-10-update-kb4586793

 

Changelog:

• Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.

• Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.

• Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.

• Updates the 2020 DST start date for the Fiji Islands to December 20, 2020.

 

Details:

• Updates the 2020 DST start date for the Fiji Islands to December 20, 2020.

• Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, the Windows Wallet Service, Windows Fundamentals, and the Windows Kernel.

 

Note that 1809 is supported for businesses until May 2021, and mission-critical devices and servers running 1809 (Windows Server 2019 for servers) will be supported until January 2029. However, as we put Version 1809 to rest, another policy reminder: from this day forward, please limit discussion of Version 1809 to upgrade assistance matters only.

 

And with that, Austin, take good care of the list for the rest of the year.

Cheers,

Joseph


November 2020 cumulative update: KB4586781/build 19041(2).630 #KBAlert

 

Hello everyone,

An important reminder: as you read a few minutes ago, only four weeks left to move up from Windows 10 Version 1903 (May 2019 Update). At this point, I urge Version 1903 users to upgrade to 20H2. This is more so because consumer and business support for Version 1903 will end at the same time.

With that out of the way:

 

November 2020 cumulative update is now available (KB4586781/build 19041(2).630):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4586781/windows-10-update-kb4586781

 

Changelog:

• Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.

• Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.

• Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.

• Updates the 2020 DST start date for the Fiji Islands to December 20, 2020.

 

Details:

 

Version 2004:

• Updates the 2020 DST start date for the Fiji Islands to December 20, 2020.

• Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Input and Composition, Microsoft Graphics Component, the Windows Wallet Service, Windows Fundamentals, and the Windows Kernel.

 

Version 20H2: same as 2004.

 

Note that final regular cumulative update notice for Version 2004 will be sent in December.

 

Cheers,

Joseph


End of support for Windows 10 Version 1809 (October 2018 Update/build 17763) - Tue, 11/10/2020 #cal-notice

win10@win10.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

End of support for Windows 10 Version 1809 (October 2018 Update/build 17763)

When:
Tuesday, 10 November 2020
10:00am to 10:00am
(GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:
Worldwide

Description:

Wide support for Windows 10 Version 1809 (October 2018 Update/build 17763) will end today. Here, wide support refers to new updates for consumers on semi-annual channel (SAC), with business support ending six months later. Please update to Windows 10 Version 2004 or later. Note that even though support for this version ends, discussion surrounding this version will continue in the Win10 forum and its subgroups. Note: Windows 10 Version 1809 is a long-term servicing release for mission-critical devices. Complete support for this release will end in January 2029.


End of support for Windows 10 Version 1903 (May 2019 Update/build 18362) - Tue, 12/08/2020 10:00am-10:00am #cal-reminder

win10@win10.groups.io Calendar <win10@...>
 

Reminder: End of support for Windows 10 Version 1903 (May 2019 Update/build 18362)

When: Tuesday, 8 December 2020, 10:00am to 10:00am, (GMT-08:00) America/Los Angeles

Where:Worldwide

View Event

Description:

Support for Windows 10 Version 1903 (May 2019 Update/build 18362) will end today. Both consumer and business support on semi-annual channel (SAC) will be terminated. Please update to Windows 10 Version 2004 or later. Note that even though support for this version ends, discussion surrounding this version will continue in the Win10 forum and its subgroups. Note: Windows 10 Version 1903 is a regular release (not a long-term support version).


Re: Windows 10 issues - please help

 

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 01:50 AM, Richard Villa wrote:
Because the computer is older you need to copy the drivers folder to make sure you have drivers that may be device dependent.
-
I have found as the years have gone by, regardless of the age of the hardware, that this is less and less necessary as device manufacturers have submitted more and more of their drivers for inclusion in The Great Microsoft Driver Library in the Cloud.

I do clean installs far more frequently than "your average Joe or Jane" just because of what I do for a living.  I seldom have to download device drivers afterward these days, and on the rare occasions I do it might be one or two, at the very most.

Anything that would be on an older system is probably due for a driver update from the device manufacturer's repository, anyway.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it. 
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


Re: Windows 10 issues - please help

tim
 

I haven't seen a install disk for a computer sense the 90's.
The only thing that comes with laptops now is the power brick. If you want a recovery disk. You have to make it after you setup windows.
Now some manufactures do have recovery you can buy extra, but why when you already paid for it.

On 11/9/2020 10:50 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi.  What is the model of your laptop?  Every laptop should come with their model's installation disk.  You should be good to go with that, then connect to the internet for further updates. Cheers!
On 10/11/2020 5:29 am, Mária Orovčíková wrote:
hello list,
after doing some system updates and restarting the laptop, I got the following error:
"Error initializing audio."
Sighted person told me that windows launched, but there are no sounds.
I was going to reinstal audio drivers, but I found out that neither USB ports nor internet connection are working, so I haven't found the way how to reinstal drivers.
Please, is there any other way how to make it work?
THE laptop CD/DVD drive is not working properly and I cannot use external CD/DVD drive because ports are not working.
The only thing I have available at the moment is my dad's laptop.
Are there any other options such as transfering setup files from one laptop to another without internet connection and working USB ports?
Thank you for your help in advance.
Maria

Odoslané z iPhonu




Re: How to check the win 10 version of iso downloaded from Microsoft

 

What is the name of the ISO file itself?

What downloads if you're using the Media Creation Tool will always be the most current release as of the day you're downloading it, and since 20H2 made its debut on October 21, 2020, if you used the MCT to create a copy after that it will be 20H2.

Also, the Media Creation Tool itself should have the name of the version it creates right in the name of its executable as well.  At one time this could not be relied on 100% as "the last releases" MCT would still fetch the latest release, at least for a while.  I do not know if Microsoft has changed that such that an MCT for a specific release will never get anything but that release, or not.  I do know that if you try to run the MCT for "an older release" you will get the message that it cannot be used anymore and that you need to obtain a copy of the latest MCT.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it. 
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


Re: Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

Hamit Campos
 

Ah that reminds me my XPS did  update to 2004 I'd have to get ya the build. Ah it's build 19041.610. Then it was doing that. Again I stress with the Backup Pluss drive hooked up.

On 11/10/2020 8:20 AM, William Wong wrote:
Today my friend ask me, could my new pc problem is caused by the latest windows 10 2004. But I told him that I could not identify whether the problem is related to Windows 10 or not.

If it is a Windows 10 issue, I could definitely not needed to replace or refund my pc and just wait for the patch from Microsoft...but who knows what cause the problem.....

Loy 於 10/11/2020 2:18 寫道:
I believe it is 30 days. Look on their web site and find out for sure, or
call customer service.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Hamit Campos" <hamitcampos@gmail.com>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


How long is that time? It's the 9th of November. Mine came a fewdays before
October.

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 10:35 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

No restocking fee if you return it in the allotted time period. I returned
one a couple of years ago and they sent me a paid return Label. I then
reorder another computer and it is working great.
I can't believe that they would want you to replace the logic board
yourself.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


Don't know if Dell is like HP but if you return a laptop there is a
restocking fee which is something like 15 percent of the value of the
laptop.

On 11/8/2020 8:38 PM, William Wong wrote:
I finally contacted Dell support and offered to replace with a new one.

But it is strange that, Dell instructed me to going through a
diagnostic mechanism and reported that the pc has no hardware issue.

He suspected that the high ram issue is related to the apps I am running.

I told him that, I am using the same set of apps on a older machine on
2013, and it even cost fewer ram memory.

Then he suspected it may be related to logic board issue and suggested
me to replace the logic board.

I said, if I wait for the logic board replacement, it may exceeded the
7day of return or replace requirement, then I request a replacement.






Loy 於 8/11/2020 3:58 寫道:
I would call 'Dell and get a Return Authorization Number before
returning it. I have found that Dell is very good in honoring their
warenty.
----- Original Message -----
From: "William Wong" <sine.kazurin@gmail.com>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 8:44 AM
Subject: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


Hi,

As my old pc has broken down all at a sudden, I bought a new Dell
desktop computer with

8GB ram

Intel 10 generation core i5

250G SSD and 1TB HDD


I found that my new computer will always run out of ram

I simply open a few apps like one firefox, several folders and a
notepad ++

and my NVDA will soon became very unresponsive

According to resource monitor the physical袃ram is around 9x and
virtual ram is also 3xG

I have already manually increased the virtual ram, disabled possible
performance hindering default apps, etc, but the problem seemed not
fixed.

Only today I have already manually forced turn off the computer
because of not responding nvda for 3 times or more, and this is only
my third day of using this new pc.

I feel really frustrated , do any one can give me any useful advice?

thanks,

William




































Restoring Classic ALT+TAB behavior in Windows 10, Version 20H2

 

This is bound to become the next big "everyone's asking" question, and for good reason.  So here's the answer so that everyone has it.  If you do not have Windows 10 20H2 yet, and most don't, then please file this message for when you do get it, as everyone is going to eventually.

See article:  [Tip] Disable and Remove Microsoft Edge Tabs Showing in ALT+Tab Screen in Windows 10

If you want to cut straight to the chase, search the page for "Open Settings" which are the first two words of Step 1 in the step-by-step instructions.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it. 
       ~ Lawrence Krauss


Re: Windows 10 issues - please help

Mike B
 


You can try what Don posted yesterday.  Here's what he said.
 Don H
Nov 9  

Sometimes if some hardware device stops working I go to the device manager and uninstall that particular hardware
 and then reboot.  It will boot and reinstall the hardware.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2020 10:26 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows 10 issues - please help

Hello all,
thanks for all your suggestions.
What I need to do is to transfer drivers setup files to my laptop's drive, so I can instal them.
The question is how to do that if USB ports, wifi and CD/dvd drive are not working.
Like I said I have my dad's laptop, so if possible I would like to transfer it directly from one laptop to another.
Unfortunately, I don't have any recovery disc and no recovery file on the hardrive. The seller did not give me that and I found out too late, the company do not exist any more; I bought the laptop about 7 years ago.
I don't mind reinstalling windows from scratch, if that would fix the issues.
My laptop is Lenovo thingpad Edge E 531.
Maria

Odoslané z iPhonu

Dňa 10. 11. 2020 o 4:54 užívateľ Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> napísal:

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 10:50 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Every laptop should come with their model's installation disk. 
-
Although I know exactly what you're saying, there are scads of laptops that don't even have optical drives anymore, and if his is one of them, we're back to USB.

Of course, most laptops or desktops have the factory recovery right on the system drive, but I don't get the impression that there is a desire to go back to "out of the box" state, but I could be wrong.
 
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041
The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it. 
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

2001 - 2020 of 50430