Date   

Re: win10 2004 update and file explorer

 

Hi,

The biggest change between 1903 and 2004 is the role of Cortana – whereas it was part of Windows Search in 1903, Cortana is a separate app in 2004. The other change concerns Windows Subsystem for Linux but that won’t concern many of you.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 8:58 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] win10 2004 update and file explorer

 

Dave,

            It wasn't introduced in 2004 specifically, as I think 1909 had it, too, but you're seeing grouping by date and probably only in the Downloads folder.  It should not happen "by default" anywhere else in File Explorer.  If you search the group archive for Downloads and group by or "old order" or any of a couple of other phrases you will find multiple posts, spread out over a long period of time, giving the steps to turn grouping off if you so desire.  My advice is that you do not turn it off for a while and try to get used to it.  I hated it at first, but it didn't take long for me to change my mind since in downloads I'm most often looking for the stuff I've most recently downloaded, and the new arrangement keeps newest toward the top.

            Someone else will have to discuss new changes for 2004 from 1903, as I've been on it so long I have no recollection of 1903 specifics and, to be perfectly honest, most of the "latest and greatest" that Microsoft has been adding to Windows 10 since Day One are things I just don't use.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041

If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always going to be disappointed.

        ~ Madonna


Re: win10 2004 update and file explorer

 

Dave,

            It wasn't introduced in 2004 specifically, as I think 1909 had it, too, but you're seeing grouping by date and probably only in the Downloads folder.  It should not happen "by default" anywhere else in File Explorer.  If you search the group archive for Downloads and group by or "old order" or any of a couple of other phrases you will find multiple posts, spread out over a long period of time, giving the steps to turn grouping off if you so desire.  My advice is that you do not turn it off for a while and try to get used to it.  I hated it at first, but it didn't take long for me to change my mind since in downloads I'm most often looking for the stuff I've most recently downloaded, and the new arrangement keeps newest toward the top.

            Someone else will have to discuss new changes for 2004 from 1903, as I've been on it so long I have no recollection of 1903 specifics and, to be perfectly honest, most of the "latest and greatest" that Microsoft has been adding to Windows 10 since Day One are things I just don't use.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041

If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always going to be disappointed.

        ~ Madonna


win10 2004 update and file explorer

David Mehler
 

Hello,

My computer just got and installed the win10 2004 update. I have two
questions, first what is this last week and today stuff in file
explorer? I'd like my view back the way it was.

Second, what are some of the new advantages of 2004 over 1904?

Thanks.
Dave.


Re: Notification Chevron in the System Tray/Notification Area

Gary Metzler
 

Hi Sarah,

 

 

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k AlawamiI did the same thing.
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 11:17 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] navagation chevron

 

I personally have all notifications showing as that's what I feel is necessary. I want to see it all then take the time to hide the ones I never use.

Good luck.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 9 Nov 2020, at 2:58, Chris via groups.io wrote:

You cant unless you show all icons in the taskbar notification area

And you probably dont want that either

 

 

If you do go into settings > personalization > taskbar > select witch icons appear on the taskbar link

And select  always show all icons in the notification area

 

 

From: Gary Metzler
Sent: 09 November 2020 09:54
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] navagation chevron

 

Hi All,

 

How do I remove the notification chevron from my system tray?  I am using windows 10  

 

 

20h2 and the latest nvda.  Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary KN4OX

Sendto: gmtravel@...

 

 


Re: Notification Chevron in the System Tray/Notification Area

Sarah k Alawami
 

I personally have all notifications showing as that's what I feel is necessary. I want to see it all then take the time to hide the ones I never use.

Good luck.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 9 Nov 2020, at 2:58, Chris via groups.io wrote:

You cant unless you show all icons in the taskbar notification area

And you probably dont want that either

 

 

If you do go into settings > personalization > taskbar > select witch icons appear on the taskbar link

And select  always show all icons in the notification area

 

 

From: Gary Metzler
Sent: 09 November 2020 09:54
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] navagation chevron

 

Hi All,

 

How do I remove the notification chevron from my system tray?  I am using windows 10  

 

 

20h2 and the latest nvda.  Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary KN4OX

Sendto: gmtravel@...

 

 


Re: Notification Chevron in the System Tray/Notification Area

Gary Metzler
 

Hi Chris,

 

Thanks for the help.  It

S much appreciated.

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris via groups.io
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 5:58 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] navagation chevron

 

You cant unless you show all icons in the taskbar notification area

And you probably dont want that either

 

 

If you do go into settings > personalization > taskbar > select witch icons appear on the taskbar link

And select  always show all icons in the notification area

 

 

From: Gary Metzler
Sent: 09 November 2020 09:54
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] navagation chevron

 

Hi All,

 

How do I remove the notification chevron from my system tray?  I am using windows 10  

 

 

20h2 and the latest nvda.  Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary KN4OX

Sendto: gmtravel@...

 

 


Just checked my SSD to see how full it is.

Hamit Campos
 

Just rechecked. It was reporting the Data drive. So it’s actually 120 free of 219. I think it said 48 %. Again just checking before sending the PC back for nothing. Just want to be sure I didn’t goof up before calling Dell.


Re: Just checked my SSD to see how full it is.

Hamit Campos
 

Ah let me check that data drive too then. But yes there is a 1TB drive in here. I didn’t check that because meh that’s just for stuffing stuff. Then that’s another anomaly. Why would it report the numbers for the data drive when checking the OS boot up SSD?

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Loy
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 10:15 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Just checked my SSD to see how full it is.

 

you must have a 1TB drive by the numbers you say it is reporting.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 9:55 AM

Subject: [win10] Just checked my SSD to see how full it is.

 

Hi there friends. So checked the SSD. I cleaned it a bit as wel so now I have 677 GB of 901 GB free. I find the 901 GB thing interesting as it’s a 256 GB SSD. Why is it reporting like this? Shouldn’t it say how much of the full 256 has been used? Or does it not care to report all the GBs eaten by Windows and all the Dell stuff crap or other wize. I just mentioned this because with mine and Bill’s out of memory problem someone said something about you should keep the SSD half empty. So I guess I should according to that keep what ever 256 devided by 2 is free of the SSD. Thanks. Just want to clear all things I myself maybe doing before packing the XPS back up and sending it off back to Dell.


Re: Just checked my SSD to see how full it is.

Loy <loyrg2845@...>
 

you must have a 1TB drive by the numbers you say it is reporting.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, November 9, 2020 9:55 AM
Subject: [win10] Just checked my SSD to see how full it is.

Hi there friends. So checked the SSD. I cleaned it a bit as wel so now I have 677 GB of 901 GB free. I find the 901 GB thing interesting as it’s a 256 GB SSD. Why is it reporting like this? Shouldn’t it say how much of the full 256 has been used? Or does it not care to report all the GBs eaten by Windows and all the Dell stuff crap or other wize. I just mentioned this because with mine and Bill’s out of memory problem someone said something about you should keep the SSD half empty. So I guess I should according to that keep what ever 256 devided by 2 is free of the SSD. Thanks. Just want to clear all things I myself maybe doing before packing the XPS back up and sending it off back to Dell.


Just checked my SSD to see how full it is.

Hamit Campos
 

Hi there friends. So checked the SSD. I cleaned it a bit as wel so now I have 677 GB of 901 GB free. I find the 901 GB thing interesting as it’s a 256 GB SSD. Why is it reporting like this? Shouldn’t it say how much of the full 256 has been used? Or does it not care to report all the GBs eaten by Windows and all the Dell stuff crap or other wize. I just mentioned this because with mine and Bill’s out of memory problem someone said something about you should keep the SSD half empty. So I guess I should according to that keep what ever 256 devided by 2 is free of the SSD. Thanks. Just want to clear all things I myself maybe doing before packing the XPS back up and sending it off back to Dell.


Re: Windows 10 Backup

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES)
 

Thanks Brian, downloaded Synctoy 2.1 which seems to be the latest version.

It is asking for dotnet 2 I think and asks if you want to get it which I did, donwload the 64 bit version but it is still asking for dotnet.

It may need a re-boot but it didn’t prompt for it which is unusualy, it normally prompts if it wants one.

 

 

 

 

 

Steven Hicks

Servicedesk 2 Team Leader

Tel:  01209 318620.

Mobile:  07393 792548.

EMail:  Steven.Hicks@...

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 05 November 2020 22:04
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Windows 10 Backup

 

 

This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

 

If you're talking about just having a second copy of your D: drive files on another drive, and D: is not a system drive.  That's a straight copy.

Backup and restore, though it can be used this way, generally isn't, but is reserved for the system disk, which you cannot simply copy.

Also, the built in File History utility under Windows 10 is excellent for backing up, and includes file versioning, if that's something you want or need.

If you're just looking to keep a backup copy of all your files, and want those to be maintained "in sync" with the D: drive, I'd suggest you look into SyncToy, which is a free Microsoft utility, that performs this function beautifully and very simply once you've set up what you want to do this for, and whether you want a bi-directional sync between the drives or just unidirectional, where one (D in this case) is the source and the backup drive is the target.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041

If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always going to be disappointed.

        ~ Madonna



********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail


Re: Notification Chevron in the System Tray/Notification Area

Chris
 

You cant unless you show all icons in the taskbar notification area

And you probably dont want that either

 

 

If you do go into settings > personalization > taskbar > select witch icons appear on the taskbar link

And select  always show all icons in the notification area

 

 

From: Gary Metzler
Sent: 09 November 2020 09:54
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] navagation chevron

 

Hi All,

 

How do I remove the notification chevron from my system tray?  I am using windows 10  

 

 

20h2 and the latest nvda.  Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary KN4OX

Sendto: gmtravel@...

 

 


Notification Chevron in the System Tray/Notification Area

Gary Metzler
 

Hi All,

 

How do I remove the notification chevron from my system tray?  I am using windows 10  

 

 

20h2 and the latest nvda.  Thanks for any help.

Regards, Gary KN4OX

Sendto: gmtravel@...

 


Re: A Small Question Regarding Latest Update of Windows 10

inamuddin khan
 

First of all,

I’m very sorry to let you know that I have disturbed you people, I therefore would like to request you to accept my apology.

The matter of fact is that I’m firm believer of doing everything I can before asking from someone.

I already told you that I did what I could do to find Meet now but I couldn’t get it therefore I have decided to ask from you people.

I still feel that if I have the latest windows which is windows 10 H2 build OS19042.610, why do I not have this button?

Anyways let’s wait for that button to appear to my machine coming few weeks!

With regards from Inamuddin with the Skype ID:

Charlsdarwin1

 

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 9:54 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] A Small Question Regarding Latest Update of Windows 10

 

Unfortunately, I'm not trying to be funny.  It is appalling how resistant many members of this group are to doing web searches for simple questions.  And posting the same question, twice, in less than 2 days when the first had no takers does not endear one to the readership.  If someone knows, they'll answer the first time asked.

Anyone who wants to know more about the "Meet Now" feature, which includes its button, should choose the web search engine of their choosing and put in the following short set of search terms:

Windows 10 +"meet now"

When something is this new there are going to be very few end users who can answer anything about it, as it just came out.  I'm among those who know this feature strictly on the basis of what Joseph Lee had posted in a recent cumulative update announcement.  Those who have been running insider builds and the tech press are generally where one gets the best information on a brand, spankin' new feature.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041

If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always going to be disappointed.

        ~ Madonna

 


Re: Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

Mike B
 


I don't believe they can charge a restocking fee if you're returning a faulty piece of equipment.  I mean, you wouldn't be returning the product if it was working correctly, and how is that the fault of the consumer?!

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

----- Original Message -----
From: Loy
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2020 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

No restocking fee if you return it in the allotted time period. I returned
one a couple of years ago and they sent me a paid return Label. I then
reorder another computer and it is working great.
I can't believe that they would want you to replace the logic board
yourself.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Don H" <lmddh50@...>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


Don't know if Dell is like HP but if you return a laptop there is a
restocking fee which is something like 15 percent of the value of the
laptop.

On 11/8/2020 8:38 PM, William Wong wrote:
> I finally contacted Dell support and offered to replace with a new one.
>
> But it is strange that, Dell instructed me to going through a diagnostic
> mechanism and reported that the pc has no hardware issue.
>
> He suspected that the high ram issue is related to the apps I am running.
>
> I told him that, I am using the same set of apps on a older machine on
> 2013, and it even cost fewer ram memory.
>
> Then he suspected it may be related to logic board issue and suggested
> me to replace the logic board.
>
> I said, if I wait for the logic board replacement, it may exceeded the
> 7day of return or replace requirement, then I request a replacement.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Loy 於 8/11/2020 3:58 寫道:
>> I would call 'Dell and get a Return Authorization Number before
>> returning
>> it. I have found that Dell is very good in honoring their warenty.
>> ----- Original Message -----
>> From: "William Wong" <sine.kazurin@...>
>> To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
>> Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 8:44 AM
>> Subject: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10
>>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As my old pc has broken down all at a sudden, I bought a new Dell
>> desktop computer with
>>
>> 8GB ram
>>
>> Intel 10 generation core i5
>>
>> 250G SSD and 1TB HDD
>>
>>
>> I found that my new computer will always run out of ram
>>
>> I simply open a few apps like one firefox, several folders and a
>> notepad ++
>>
>> and my NVDA will soon became very unresponsive
>>
>> According to resource monitor the physical袃ram is around 9x and virtual
>> ram is also 3xG
>>
>> I have already manually increased the virtual ram, disabled possible
>> performance hindering default apps, etc, but the problem seemed not
>> fixed.
>>
>> Only today I have already manually forced turn off the computer because
>> of not responding nvda for 3 times or more, and this is only my third
>> day of using this new pc.
>>
>> I feel really frustrated , do any one can give me any useful advice?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> William
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
>











Re: Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

Loy <loyrg2845@...>
 

No restocking fee if you return it in the allotted time period. I returned
one a couple of years ago and they sent me a paid return Label. I then
reorder another computer and it is working great.
I can't believe that they would want you to replace the logic board
yourself.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don H" <lmddh50@adams.net>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 9:46 PM
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


Don't know if Dell is like HP but if you return a laptop there is a
restocking fee which is something like 15 percent of the value of the
laptop.

On 11/8/2020 8:38 PM, William Wong wrote:
I finally contacted Dell support and offered to replace with a new one.

But it is strange that, Dell instructed me to going through a diagnostic
mechanism and reported that the pc has no hardware issue.

He suspected that the high ram issue is related to the apps I am running.

I told him that, I am using the same set of apps on a older machine on
2013, and it even cost fewer ram memory.

Then he suspected it may be related to logic board issue and suggested
me to replace the logic board.

I said, if I wait for the logic board replacement, it may exceeded the
7day of return or replace requirement, then I request a replacement.






Loy 於 8/11/2020 3:58 寫道:
I would call 'Dell and get a Return Authorization Number before
returning
it. I have found that Dell is very good in honoring their warenty.
----- Original Message -----
From: "William Wong" <sine.kazurin@gmail.com>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 8:44 AM
Subject: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


Hi,

As my old pc has broken down all at a sudden, I bought a new Dell
desktop computer with

8GB ram

Intel 10 generation core i5

250G SSD and 1TB HDD


I found that my new computer will always run out of ram

I simply open a few apps like one firefox, several folders and a
notepad ++

and my NVDA will soon became very unresponsive

According to resource monitor the physical袃ram is around 9x and virtual
ram is also 3xG

I have already manually increased the virtual ram, disabled possible
performance hindering default apps, etc, but the problem seemed not
fixed.

Only today I have already manually forced turn off the computer because
of not responding nvda for 3 times or more, and this is only my third
day of using this new pc.

I feel really frustrated , do any one can give me any useful advice?

thanks,

William
















Re: Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

Don H
 

Don't know if Dell is like HP but if you return a laptop there is a restocking fee which is something like 15 percent of the value of the laptop.

On 11/8/2020 8:38 PM, William Wong wrote:
I finally contacted Dell support and offered to replace with a new one.
But it is strange that, Dell instructed me to going through a diagnostic mechanism and reported that the pc has no hardware issue.
He suspected that the high ram issue is related to the apps I am running.
I told him that, I am using the same set of apps on a older machine on 2013, and it even cost fewer ram memory.
Then he suspected it may be related to logic board issue and suggested me to replace the logic board.
I said, if I wait for the logic board replacement, it may exceeded the 7day of return or replace requirement, then I request a replacement.
Loy 於 8/11/2020 3:58 寫道:
I would call 'Dell and get a Return Authorization Number  before returning
it. I have found that Dell is very good in honoring their warenty.
----- Original Message -----
From: "William Wong" <sine.kazurin@gmail.com>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 8:44 AM
Subject: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


Hi,

As my old pc has broken down all at a sudden, I bought a new Dell
desktop computer with

8GB ram

Intel 10 generation core i5

250G SSD and 1TB HDD


I found that my new computer will always run out of ram

I simply open a few apps like one firefox, several folders and a notepad ++

and my NVDA will soon became very unresponsive

According to resource monitor the physical袃ram is around 9x and virtual
ram is also 3xG

I have already manually increased the virtual ram, disabled possible
performance hindering default apps, etc, but the problem seemed not fixed.

Only today I have already manually forced turn off the computer because
of not responding nvda for 3 times or more, and this is only my third
day of using this new pc.

I feel really frustrated , do any one can give me any useful advice?

thanks,

William












Re: Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

William
 

I finally contacted Dell support and offered to replace with a new one.

But it is strange that, Dell instructed me to going through a diagnostic mechanism and reported that the pc has no hardware issue.

He suspected that the high ram issue is related to the apps I am running.

I told him that, I am using the same set of apps on a older machine on 2013, and it even cost fewer ram memory.

Then he suspected it may be related to logic board issue and suggested me to replace the logic board.

I said, if I wait for the logic board replacement, it may exceeded the 7day of return or replace requirement, then I request a replacement.






Loy 於 8/11/2020 3:58 寫道:

I would call 'Dell and get a Return Authorization Number before returning
it. I have found that Dell is very good in honoring their warenty.
----- Original Message -----
From: "William Wong" <sine.kazurin@gmail.com>
To: <win10@win10.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 8:44 AM
Subject: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10


Hi,

As my old pc has broken down all at a sudden, I bought a new Dell
desktop computer with

8GB ram

Intel 10 generation core i5

250G SSD and 1TB HDD


I found that my new computer will always run out of ram

I simply open a few apps like one firefox, several folders and a notepad ++

and my NVDA will soon became very unresponsive

According to resource monitor the physical袃ram is around 9x and virtual
ram is also 3xG

I have already manually increased the virtual ram, disabled possible
performance hindering default apps, etc, but the problem seemed not fixed.

Only today I have already manually forced turn off the computer because
of not responding nvda for 3 times or more, and this is only my third
day of using this new pc.

I feel really frustrated , do any one can give me any useful advice?

thanks,

William











Re: Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

 

Trying to put RAM that is several years old into a new Pc may not be a good idea at all. If you are buying a new PC now it most likely has DDR4 RAM I believe and if you put in DDR3 or even older it may or may not work, at best it may work but it could cause all sorts of problems.

The same goes for a hard drive, if you have an SSD which is maybe only 2 or 3 years old then OK, but if it's an actual mechanical hard drive you are not doing yourself a favour.

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 3:37 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

 

Me too. I’m totally geeky that way. Heck if Christian Whawell did why not? Remember that BCT he did installing a DVD drive? Oh BCT was Blind Cool Tech.

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Wong
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 6:32 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

 

Haha, in fact is if there is somewhere local here can teach blind how to assembly or work with pc hardware, I  would like to learn about it.

I see that those old rams, hdd from old pcs can be ported to new pcs and can save money

Hamit Campos 8/11/2020 23:35 寫道:

In my case I do have my Inspiron 3847 tower. It’s a 2013 haswell desktop. Wait which intel chip was Gen 4? It’s either haswel or brodwell. If Haswell came first than that’s what that desktop is. I just point this out because would 2013 ram work with 10th Gen intel chips?

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Wong
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 6:16 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

 

I spent whole afternoon reinstalling win 10 and ram usage is the same....

 

Hamit Campos 8/11/2020 10:17 寫道:

Ah see that’s what I’m afraid of and I wil call dell and see. Am I in said return window yet? It just started doing this. Again in my case especially and only with that USB drive hooked up.

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 9:15 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

 

The only time you need a product key during a Windows 10 install is if you are installing on to a machine that has never, ever had Windows 10 loaded and activated on it in the past.

If the machine has had Windows 10 loaded and activated, the license will be fetched from Microsoft's servers.  Even if you install without an internet connection once the internet connection is established the license key will be fetched then.

Now, after having said the above, if we're talking about a virtually brand new system I would not try reinstalling Windows 10.  It certainly won't, and shouldn't, void any warranty but if you have something that is within the return window the less you do to it the easier it is to get a return for refund or replacement approved.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041

If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always going to be disappointed.

        ~ Madonna


Re: Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

Hamit Campos
 

Me too. I’m totally geeky that way. Heck if Christian Whawell did why not? Remember that BCT he did installing a DVD drive? Oh BCT was Blind Cool Tech.

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Wong
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 6:32 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

 

Haha, in fact is if there is somewhere local here can teach blind how to assembly or work with pc hardware, I  would like to learn about it.

I see that those old rams, hdd from old pcs can be ported to new pcs and can save money

Hamit Campos 8/11/2020 23:35 寫道:

In my case I do have my Inspiron 3847 tower. It’s a 2013 haswell desktop. Wait which intel chip was Gen 4? It’s either haswel or brodwell. If Haswell came first than that’s what that desktop is. I just point this out because would 2013 ram work with 10th Gen intel chips?

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of William Wong
Sent: Sunday, November 8, 2020 6:16 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

 

I spent whole afternoon reinstalling win 10 and ram usage is the same....

 

Hamit Campos 8/11/2020 10:17 寫道:

Ah see that’s what I’m afraid of and I wil call dell and see. Am I in said return window yet? It just started doing this. Again in my case especially and only with that USB drive hooked up.

 

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, November 7, 2020 9:15 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Help needed, frustrated about my new Win 10

 

The only time you need a product key during a Windows 10 install is if you are installing on to a machine that has never, ever had Windows 10 loaded and activated on it in the past.

If the machine has had Windows 10 loaded and activated, the license will be fetched from Microsoft's servers.  Even if you install without an internet connection once the internet connection is established the license key will be fetched then.

Now, after having said the above, if we're talking about a virtually brand new system I would not try reinstalling Windows 10.  It certainly won't, and shouldn't, void any warranty but if you have something that is within the return window the less you do to it the easier it is to get a return for refund or replacement approved.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041

If your joy is derived from what society thinks of you, you're always going to be disappointed.

        ~ Madonna

2201 - 2220 of 50547