Re: Before doing a Windows 10 Upgrade . . .

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I wanted to bump this because, for Windows 7 users in particular (but it applies to Windows 8/8.1, too), it is a very good idea to run the System File Checker command before you take your backup and before you attempt your upgrade to Windows 10.

See the attached files for details.  The first deals only with how to run SFC and/or DISM.  The second is an updated version of my guide on how to safely upgrade to Windows 10 that now includes this information as step one, even before doing a full system backup.
--
Brian

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing in the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

        ~ Dorothy Nevill