Brave Questions

Martin McCormick

Using the brave browser, how does one not only download zip
archives to c:\users\yourname\downloads but extract the contents
in to c:\users\yourname?

I've been using windows10, actually windows period, for
2-and-1-half years and you may wonder what I have been doing
before but I don't install zip files every day and keep meaning
to ask 2 questions:

1. How do you get brave to not only put the archive in Downloads
but extract to a subdirectory in c:\users\yourname?

Being a unix user, I have had brave drop the file in
downloads and then I used power shell to expand-archive
Downloads\file.zip . For those who aren't in to command-lines,
that dot or period separated by a space says to extract the
contents starting here which means whatever directory you are in
now. You could have typed

expand-archive downloads\file.zip c:\users\yourname

and it would mean the same thing if you wanted to put it in your
directory.

I've got to download and expand 2 archives today so I
figured I'd learn to do it the most efficient way.

The other question is a more general one. When running
whatever browser one is using right now, is there a key sequence
that takes you to operating instructions and then lets you go
back to whatever you were doing before you needed the
instructions?

I've actually gotten kind of hesitant to stray off the
path because sometimes, you end up in the mercenary spider web of
shopping carts that pop up and what I call Microsoft flies that
light on you and try to sell you Office365 or some other
expensive software because you stumbled in to a word document or
a CSV file and the vending gods smell a commercial opportunity.
Alt+F4 is my fly-swatter when that happens.

In case anyone wonders, I have been doing unix things
since 1989 and love it but got in to Windows10 because there are
some applications for programming two-way radios that only exist
in Windows. Also, nvda is the first free-of-charge screen reader
for Windows and Windows has grown up a lot so I mostly like it
also.

Thanks.

Martin McCormick