Re: A question about this latest update

Hi,
Specifically, locking codes. This was reported widely when JAWS users complained to Vispero about JAWS losing activations after installing new builds, particularly if you are a Windows Insider. I bet the situation has changed a lot thanks to introduction of subscription-based licensing.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of tim
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 10:41 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] A question about this latest update

They should never tie it to the OS it should only be tied to the software used with it.

Just plane dumm tying a security code to a always changing OS.

On 5/4/2021 1:29 PM, Larry Higgins wrote:
Joseph,

I ask about this only because others have reported this as an issue
when after installing feature updates, the key that presently being
used to activate the product was invalidated, never to be reactivated
again.

You can bet that I will definitely deactivate before installing the
next feature update. They might gladly grant me another one, but don't
think I want to count on it <smile>.

Thanks,

Larry

On 5/4/2021 10:40 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
The latest optional update is not a preview of the next feature
update - the download link for Version21H1 will be labeled as such.
As for relationship with Code Factory Eloquence, I expect upgrading
to Version 21H1 won't deactivate your license as you are effectively
going to be installing a cumulative update with additional features.