From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sly
Sent: Wednesday, April 7, 2021 9:50 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Win 10 question on a dialog box for launching mp3 files

Hi Bill!
Thanks for your response.
when I click on any mp3 file on my computer that I have down loaded
i't's not a problem whith which program opens it, it is winamp
whichich is associated with that opens, it is that to open it I get
the following dialog.
open file security warning, do you want to open this file?
cancil button

always ask before opening this file?

what's the risk? Open button.

These are my options every time I open any files with audio.
of course once I check the appropriate box the next time I click on
said file I do not get this message.
I have a Ton of files to go through and If I have to do this for every
one, well let's just say that Sucks!
Smiles!
Thanks for the help, hope there is a fix somewhere in the windows
settings to stop this crap.
Later! Sly

On 4/7/21, Bill White <billwhite92701@att.net> wrote:
Hi, Sly. Did you actually go into Default Apps, then go to Winamp as your
default, then press ENTER on Manage, and actually check that Winamp is set
as the default under Manage in Winamp. If, for any reason, Winamp loses its
association with mp3 files, and it is set to None, then Windows will ask you
how you want to play the mp3 files.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net