Re: How do I change the audio output of a specific program?

Sarah k Alawami

You can also type sndvol in the run dialogue and get the same dialogue. You can even from there change the default device via the tool bar there. I love it.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2021 9:23 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] How do I change the audio output of a specific program?

Hi,

Go to Settings (Windows+I)/System/Sound/App volume and device preferences. The first set of controls is master volume and overall sound settings. The second set of controls will let you select the output device and volume for running apps.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Minor
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2021 9:14 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] How do I change the audio output of a specific program?

Hi.

I have a program called Stascom. It gives the time, announces battery level, and will correct the volume of the sound device if it gets too low. Even though it’s no longer being developed, I like it. I have a small problem. It’s speech is going through my internal sound device, and I’d prefer it to go through the default device. I’ve looked everywhere I can think of, but there’s nothing obvious. I looked in the program, and found nothing. I then thought it might have something to do with system sounds, but those go through the default device. I even checked out Microsoft speech, which is used, and that’s going through the proper device.

Any ideas? Something tells me this is a very simple fix. Oh yeah, uninstalling and reinstalling the program didn’t change anything.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly

Join win10@win10.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.