Re: OK? space bar, enter, who knows

Timothy

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 03:39 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

The default control always has focus, initially, by default, hence the name.  But if you shift focus elsewhere, neither Enter nor Spacebar will activate anything except the control with focus (and if what has focus isn't a control, it activates nothing).

Not true. Try, for example, opening Folder Options (whether from Windows Explorer, the Control Panel, etc). Note that the default control is the "Open File Explorer to" combo-box. Tab to any other control, e.g. the "Browse folders" radio-buttons, and press Enter. As the OK button is the default button in this case, the button will be pressed and the Folder Options dialog will then close.

I'm not sure if JAWS still has this command, but when I used it a little over ten years ago, JAWSKey+E reported the default button which will be activated upon pressing Enter.

Timothy