Re: OK? space bar, enter, who knows

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 02:35 PM, Steve Dresser wrote:
If you happen to be focused on a control which isn’t the default, pressing Enter may yield unexpected results.
-
I have never, in over 30 years of using Windows, seen Enter activate anything but the control with focus.  I've seen times where it doesn't, too, and there have been occasions where, for some bizarre reason, spacebar doesn't.

The default control always has focus, initially, by default, hence the name.  But if you shift focus elsewhere, neither Enter nor Spacebar will activate anything except the control with focus (and if what has focus isn't a control, it activates nothing).

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)