Re: putting this pc on the desktop?

Troy Burnham

Thanks Kevin, I saw a place where it said something was partially checked whatever that means, I'll go back and see if it was computer and if so I'll check it and see what happens.

Troy

On 2/23/2021 8:08 AM, Kevin Minor wrote:

Hi.

I can’t remember exactly what I did, but on the screen where the This PC was, there’s a checkbox with Computer next to it. Nothing worked for me until I checked it.

Hope this works.

Kevin, Valerie and Jilly

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 8:59 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] putting this pc on the desktop?

Hi Troy,

After you make your selection of the desktop icons you need to tab to the, Okay button, and press either the spacebar or enter.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 4:37 AM

Subject: Re: [win10] putting this pc on the desktop?

Hi Brian,

I found where you're talking about but neither hitting the spacebar or enter on the this pc icon adds it to the desktop.

Troy

On 2/22/2021 10:19 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Settings, Personalization, Themes Pane, Desktop Icon Settings link.

In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog, there is a set of checkboxes for the common system desktop icons you may want.  Checking the Computer checkbox will put "This PC" on the desktop.  Do not ask me why they have never, as yet, changed "Computer" to "This PC" as the This PC designation is even used just below these checkboxes in the area where the icons themselves are shown.  It's a holdover that has yet to be updated.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

Journalism 101:  If someone says it’s raining and another person says it’s dry, it’s not your job to quote them both. It’s your job to look out the f**king window and find out which is true.

~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)

Join win10@win10.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.