Re: creating a short-cut

Madison Martin

Hi Alan and all,

I just checked and I didn’t find anything for creating a shortcut either, maybe that was written for earlier versions of Edge…

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Allen West
Sent: February 22, 2021 6:36 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] creating a short-cut

I couldn’t find the Create Shortcut Option under more tools either. Here is a way that will work no matter the browser.

1. While on the website you want the shortcut for, press ALT+D.

2. Copy the URL.

3. navigate to the Desktop.

4. Press CTRL+  to unselect the apps on the desktop.

5. use the Applications key or Shift+F10.

6. Hit W to move to New and open it.

7.  Down arrow to create shortcut and press Enter.

8. Paste your URL with CTRL+V.

9. Tab to the Name edit field and type the name you wish to give your shortcut.

10 Tab to Finish and press Enter.