Re: quick question about Narrator

Madison Martin

It doesn’t have a numberpad, but I wanted one without one as I never used the one that was on my old one so I figured I didn’t need one with one. It was made in June 2019. I should also mention that this was a demo unit in the store; but it had what I was looking for in a computer, so they were quite okay selling it to us.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: February 21, 2021 6:24 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] quick question about Narrator

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 06:29 PM, Madison Martin wrote:

Yes, it’s the keyboard that came with this laptop.

-
This raises a number of questions:

1.   Is this a full-sized keyboard with a number pad or not?

2.  How old is the computer?   Laptop keyboards are notorious for suddenly going wonky for no apparent reason, and as a repair tech I will accept no argument with that statement.  [Note:  the first diagnostic we do to determine a possibly wonky built-in keyboard is attaching an external keyboard that's known to work fine and seeing if everything is "magically" back to normal.]

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)