Re: quick question about Narrator

Madison Martin

My insert key, whenever I press it Jaws says alt windows q not insert.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marci Duty
Sent: February 21, 2021 12:47 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] quick question about Narrator

Which keys? If the keys perform a Windows command, they will work no matter which screen reader you are using. If the keys perform specific screen reader commands then they will require the particular screen reader for them to work. The same is true of keyboard commands specific to programs.

For example, the command Windows M is a Windows command. It works in JAWS, NVDA and Narrator and minimizes all open windows and brings the focus to the desktop. Because this is a Windows command, no screen reader is required. A sighted Windows user can use this key combination. Which commands are you asking about?

Marci Duty

Email: marci.smiles@...

Phone: (214) 732-5788

Isaiah 30

15  For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah, the Holy One of Israel, says:

“By returning to me and resting, you will be saved;

Your strength will be in keeping calm and showing trust.”