Re: quick question about Narrator

Madison Martin

Okay, all I want to do is press a couple of keys that don’t seem to work with Jaws, can I do this with Narrator?

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: February 21, 2021 11:46 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] quick question about Narrator

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 12:12 PM, Kevin wrote:

the current build of windows 10 you start narrator  with keys Ctrl+windows key+enter

-
And you can turn it off, if it is on, with that same set of keystrokes, too.

If you've not invoked Narrator before the first time you do you will be presented with a "tour of narrator" dialog, called Narrator Home, which you can simply dismiss, or check the checkbox to never show it again, and then dismiss it.

Other bits about Narrator can be found in Settings, Ease of Access, Narrator Pane.  It's worth taking a look there as you can configure certain things, such as turning off Narrator Home among other things, about its behavior.

      ~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)