Re: How to configure network connection to use Ethernet instead of wifi?

Jeff Christiansen

Hi William

What version of Windows are you using?

I happen to be using a Home version of Windows Ten.
touch the WindowsKey, now type, Wi-Fi.
you should hear, wifi system settings, press enter.
focus lands on the wifi button, JAWS reports the status as on, on my machine.
I use the tab key twice to find, show available networks, press enter.
Focus should land on the connected network. in my case JAWS now announces, TinyHats Connected, secured , secured, signal 4 out of four bars.
Now use, Shift+F10, or the applications Key. JAWS probably says disconnect.
Use up or down arrowKeys to find the, forget, option, now press enter.
Use the, Shift+Tab, to find the WIFI button again and use space bar to deactivate WIFI, or do.
Use Alt+F4 to close the window and repeat step one, and use space bar to deactivate WIFI.
With the ethernet plugged in restart your machine.
HTH

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of William
Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2021 1:34 AM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] How to configure network connection to use Ethernet instead of wifi?

Sorry, I cannot find a place where I can right click to display the forget button.

Hicks Steven (CORNWALL IT SERVICES) via groups.io 於 21/1/2021 23:21 寫道:
Hi,

Go in to control panelk, network.
You should see a list of networks if you click connect to a network.
You should be able to move to the network and right click to choose forget on your wifi connection.

Steven Hicks
Servicedesk 2 Team Leader
Tel: 01209 318620.
Mobile: 07393 792548.
EMail: Steven.Hicks@NHS.NET

-----Original Message-----
From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of William
Sent: 21 January 2021 13:16
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] How to configure network connection to use Ethernet instead of wifi?

Hi,

At the very begining of setting up my Win10, I have connected to my home wifi.

Later, I have connected my pc to Ethernet cable.

But now, even I have manually turn off the wifi button in setting, I can still see the wifi ssid in the system bar icon.

so, how can I make win 10 connect to Ethernet instead of wifi?

and how can i forget the wifi connection?

Thanks

This message originated from outside of NHSmail. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

********************************************************************************************************************

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the
sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.
Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in relation to its contents. To do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Thank you for your co-operation.

NHSmail is the secure email and directory service available for all NHS staff in England and Scotland. NHSmail is approved for exchanging patient data and other sensitive information with NHSmail and other accredited email services.

For more information and to find out how you can switch, https://portal.nhs.net/help/joiningnhsmail

Join win10@win10.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.