Re: resetting a cable modem

John Lee

You should work with Tech Support on this issue.

On Jan 14, 2021, at 9:50 AM, Larry Higgins <larry.b.higgins@gmail.com> wrote:

´╗┐Sure hope someone is willing to advise me on this one.

This may not take as much courage as I might imagine, but I need to know the ins and outs of resetting my cable modem. When I say reset, I'm not talking about simply unplugging the modem and letting it sit a while, but taking the sharp object, such as a pin, or something of that dimention to reset the modem in order to return it to its default settings.

Just to clarify, I have not changed any settings since getting this modem from Comcast nearly a year ago. I just need to reset so as to try to correct a problem that once again has crept up when recording live streams. After getting this present modem, the troubles that drove me crazy for around two and a half years was no longer a problem until last Friday evening, and I have had them ever since. I really don't want to have to deal with this vexing problem any longer than necessary.

Now to my question. After the reset, what steps will i have to take to get back into operation? Will this modem, or gateway automatically restore my login and password, so as to let me back on the net, or will I have to manually reenter that login or completely change it.

I really don't want to have to deal with Comcast Tech Support if I don't have too. I'm thinking that it might be easier just to call them up and order a new one, but just have to hope that they don't give me one with the same problem. What a mess.

I sure wish I knew what makes these modems do this. This being when streaming, I lose the signal, and none of my settings to help with reconnecting help at all. I have practically pulled any hair I might hav left over this issue.

If this question by chance strains the topical orientation of the list, or breaks the rules in any way, please contact me off list.

Your help will be greatly appreciated,

Larry