Re: Why does my shutdown menu always have an option to "update and restart?"

tim

Have you tried the troubleshooter for fixing windows update in the control panel?

On 1/12/2021 2:12 PM, Richard B. McDonald wrote:
I have tried both “restart” and “update and restart” many times to no avail.  I have not tried a different screen reader since the problem seems a Windows not a screen reader thing.
*From:* win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Joseph Lee
*Sent:* Monday, January 11, 2021 1:54 PM
*To:* win10@win10.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [win10] Why does my shutdown menu always have an option to "update and restart?"
Hi,
Does restarting your computer help? What about switching between screen readers?
Cheers,
Joseph
*From:* win10@win10.groups.io <mailto:win10@win10.groups.io> <win10@win10.groups.io <mailto:win10@win10.groups.io>> *On Behalf Of *Bill Powers
*Sent:* Monday, January 11, 2021 1:47 PM
*To:* win10@win10.groups.io <mailto:win10@win10.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [win10] Why does my shutdown menu always have an option to "update and restart?"
Brian,
I recently tried updating from 1909 to build 20h2 but had the same problem that I did last summer when trying to update to 2004 – couldn’t access start menu or Action Center, and likely other issues I had not yet found. I’m kind of leery about trying again to update to 20h2 but won’t know if I have this same experience unless I do the update but wonder if there is anything after the update that could fix this problem once and for all? the update itself that I recently tried went smoothly, no problems detected, but something in that update has caused the above problem. Is there anything I can do with the update process to keep the start menu & Action Centers functioning?
Thanks,
BP

Join win10@win10.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.