Re: Why does my shutdown menu always have an option to "update and restart?"

Bill Powers

Brian,

I recently tried updating from 1909 to build 20h2 but had the same problem that I did last summer when trying to update to 2004 – couldn’t access start menu or Action Center, and likely other issues I had not yet found. I’m kind of leery about trying again to update to 20h2 but won’t know if I have this same experience unless I do the update but wonder if there is anything after the update that could fix this problem once and for all? the update itself that I recently tried went smoothly, no problems detected, but something in that update has caused the above problem. Is there anything I can do with the update process to keep the start menu & Action Centers functioning?

Thanks,

BP