Re: to wifi or not to wifi

Nimer Jaber

Yes, and ATT is no longer activating new connections on ADSL. So, hopefully we will get that tech phazed out here.

On Mon, Jan 11, 2021 at 4:59 AM Cornelius <mr.buta21@...> wrote:

VDSL is the one which can offer higher speed than ADSL.
From: enes sarıbaş
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 5:49 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] to wifi or not to wifi

That is simply incorrect.

ADSL, which is still alive and well, offers the worst speeds ever after satallite. I am pretty certain ADSL is the worst possible internet you can buy after satallite. The max speed over ADSL2+ is 24 mb down, and 1 mb up. And that assumes living right next to the cabinet and having best wiring. In practice,  the max speed is 12-16 mbps. I was stuck with ATT dsl because of an exclusive contract signed by the apartment complex, and even audio calls wern't relyable because regardless of the download speed, the upload was 1 mbps, which actually is 0.8 or so. And there are people who have it worse

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/11/what-using-atts-768kbps-dsl-is-like-in-2020-yes-its-awful/

On 1/11/2021 2:54 AM, g melconian wrote:

That  is strange even the better dsl speeds now a days should at least get 50 or better.  AT least that  is what iwas told. I am on cable through  comcast x finity and that they have just pushed the giga bit speeds in my neighborhood  and I really like it.spectrum with cable offers   200  that is what hey have been advertising lately, an then there is a 400 in the sspectrum  offering up which cost you about $90 or so and that  will get you  at least half of gigabit speed better then what you have.inquire about that and se if that will help you out .  I think that  all these dsl  copper wires are being phased out for fiber and 5g LTE connections going forward .