Re: how to chrome cast from ms edge in windows 10

Marten Post Uiterweer

Hi,

I do not remember the site, but today I saw this on a website. In Edge I
can now cast to chrome devices. Earlier this was not possible.
And I do not have a special chrome extension to cast for as far as I can
see.

if you wish to cast to the chromecast from Edge
enable the following experimental feature
enter the following into the address bar
edge://flags/#media-router-cast-allow-all-ips
select enabled from the dropdown next to media router cast allow all ips

enter the following into the address bar
edge://flags/#cast-media-route-provider
select enabled from the dropdown next to cast media route provider

Marten

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 13:19:30 -0800 "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:

Baking, I didn't have anything other than a straight webpage up, as those can be cast, though that's not often done.
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

Journalism 101: *If someone says it’s raining and another person says it’s dry, it’s not your job to quote them both. It’s your job to look out the f**king window and find out which is true.*

~ Jonathan Foster (attributed)