Re: Why does my shutdown menu always have an option to "update and restart?"

Hi,

To check if an update is pending, go to Settings (Windows+I)/Update and Security/Windows Update. It is likely that an update might be pending, which can be a driver update, a firmware update, a missing cumulative update, or in some cases, a feature update. If you are indeed offered either a cumulative update or a feature update, do take them.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard B. McDonald
Sent: Sunday, January 3, 2021 12:33 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: [win10] Why does my shutdown menu always have an option to "update and restart?"

Hi!

I am on Windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.  For some time now, my shutdown menu always shows “update and restart.”  Although I have selected that option many, many times it still always has that option.  Why?  How can I complete an update operation so as to clear that option from the shutdown menu?

Thanks,

Richard