Re: Computer Cutting off Ends of Sounds

Hamit Campos

Ah okay thanks Bil. As I told Brian I wouldn’t worry so much about that on a tower. Was just asking more for a laptop. But it doesn’t waist batteries though right?

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 8:25 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Computer Cutting off Ends of Sounds

Hi. It's on forever, until you uninstall it. That's the whole point of the program is to inject silence into the sound card, so it won't power off.

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 3:15 PM

Wil do. Now this Selinzio thing should you not need it can you shut it down? Or is it on for ever once instaled?

Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 12:00 PM

Hi, Hamit. From my experience, Silenzio works better than the "Avoid speech cut off when using Bluetooth headphones or some sound cards" feature in JAWS. Try them both, first the feature in JAWS, then install Silenzio, and see which works better.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: win10@win10.groups.io [mailto:win10@win10.groups.io] On Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 8:20 AM

Thanks bill. Yes I was thinking of using this or the new speech cut off thing in JAWS itself because the M 50 headphones cut off a lot with blu-tooth.

Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 11:14 AM

Hi, Hamit. Try installing the following program, which was created to prevent sound cards from going to sleep after speech stops. It is called Silenzio.

http://www.stefankiss.sk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=112

Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 8:10 AM

Ah here’s something else now Brian mentions cards. Yes try something USB even. Like an Olympus recorder or what ever you may have. Does this happen with music videos or anything else? I’ve seen it with speech but that was due to me hitting keys too fast for JAWS’s liking in those instances me thinks. So yes let us know.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2020 10:29 AM

I personally suspect a failing soundcard.  But even if it is not, there's very little anyone can say definitely without at the very least the make and model of the computer (or the sound card itself if the machine is custom built).  It would be really helpful to know the age of the machine, too.

What happens when you try to play media, whether YouTube Videos, CDs, etc.?   Is the issue universal to all sound types?
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042
The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
        ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

Join win10@win10.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.