Re: Computer Cutting off Ends of Sounds

Hamit Campos

Hi yes I’ve seen something like this but no not as bad as this. Is this laptop new? I’d call the company.
This doesn’t sound good at all if it’s just you typing and you say the PC is even cutting windows off as well.

On Dec 19, 2020, at 7:24 AM, Lanie Molinar <laniemolinar91@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi. Has anyone else ever seen this, and if so, were you able to fix it? Everything was working fine until a couple hours ago, when my laptop's speakers started cutting off the ends of sounds. It doesn't play the last few syllables of a lot of sounds, so I can't understand half of what it says. It also cuts non-speech sounds like beeps in half. I checked to see if a new update could have caused this, and the audio driver was updated, but rolling back to the old driver didn't fix things. Neither did reinstalling it. The issue is so bad that even though I have character echo on in NVDA, I'm not hearing a single letter I type spoken. If I can't figure out what's causing this, I'll have to reset my computer for it to be usable, and I just did that recently, so I don't really want to do that. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing this? Please let me know as soon as possible. I apologize if this email has any typos. It's hard to type with almost no screen reader feedback. Thanks.