locked Re: Brand of PC - Any ones more compatible with screen readers than others?

Hamit Campos

Ah funny Brian. Na you’re probabally right again. Infact yes you are. Even on the Dell Enspiron laptop I had before this cheep HP though I love it’s speakers almost like Dell’s Studio XPS 16 laptop I did indeed use my Bose Companion 5 speakers with it.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 2:33 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Brand of PC - Any ones more compatible with screen readers than others?

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 02:25 PM, Hamit Campos wrote:

hey just sound like your usual cheepo trash Laptop speakers.

-
I don't know of any laptops, regardless of price, that have speakers that are worth a fiddler's fart if anything even vaguely like high fidelity at reasonable listening intensity is involved.  They're there to make listening possible, but never great.

The HP Envy machine has Beats Audio, and the only thing that makes it ever so slightly better than the computer I'm on is that some of the sound is output through an upward facing grille that sits directly above the keyboard, rather than only from speakers on the machine's underside just under the lower end of the laptop top surface.

And if you use a laptop as truly a laptop, or on any soft surface, the sound quality is even worse.  It's amazing the difference you get in intensity and clarity (neither of which are still fabulous) if the machine is sitting on a table or a lap desk - something with a solid surface that's acoustically reflective.

But if you want good sound from a laptop you're going to have to use some sort of external listening device, be that a good speaker set, headset, or earbuds.  Of course, the same is true of a desktop as well, but it's own sound reproduction is generally at least somewhat better than a laptop's is from its own speakers.

        ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)