locked Re: Brand of PC - Any ones more compatible with screen readers than others?

Hamit Campos

Ahahahhahahaah. Okay I’ll be honest. You’re right Brian. Even the Microsoft dude said the Trident was way overboard. I just loved it cause I’m a geek like that. Part of why and mostly me thinks why it was so mad expensive is cause of the RTX 2080 GPU in it. Meh perhaps I should’ve grabbed the $800 config from New Egg. Oh Wells. But yes because the Microsoft person did ask me what I wanted it for. So I was honest and told him well were I sighted I would game with it. But for now emagin a world where Microsoft didn’t kill off Windows Media Center I told him. That’s how I’d use it mostly. Media Center if it had not been killed off, and 4K HDR Dolby Atmos Blu-Ray disks. So yes Brian he did say yeah momy is right. Way over kill 3 grand is for a Windows Media Center PC. And so yes I’ll just see next time if I build 1 if I can get either that exact mother board or something similar to make it sound as epic as the Trident. Still though that geek in me wishes he had the 3 grand. Lol. The geek wants the trident.

From: win10@win10.groups.io <win10@win10.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 1:07 PM
To: win10@win10.groups.io
Subject: Re: [win10] Brand of PC - Any ones more compatible with screen readers than others?

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 12:49 PM, Hope Williamson wrote:

What someone decides to spend on their system is their business.

-
Absolutely.  And any individual needs to pick something based on their needs and wants.

That being said, I've witnessed so many people who've been grossly oversold by individuals who make commissions on what they sell.  And it's a shame.

For many, including myself, a $500 laptop will be more than adequate.  For others, it won't.  But no one should be buying at any given price point because someone else said to do so.  Computers are very much like clothing in that you need to briefly "try them on" to see if they fit.  This is particularly true when it comes to comfort with a given keyboard.  It's generally a mistake to buy any machine without having interacted with a floor model, or at least one very much like the one you're buying.  A trip to a brick and mortar store, even in these times, when you're considering spending hundreds to thousands of dollars on a computer is a very wise thing to take before you pull the trigger on any specific make and model.  See if it fits you first.  Then consider, carefully, what you intend to use it for, which will often dictate how much you spend.  There are many lines that are "virtually the same" as far as the look and feel of the hardware that the user interacts with, but where the processors differ, RAM amount differs, SSD vs. HDD differs, etc.  There's no point in buying the $1500 machine if you don't need it, just like there's no point in buying a $500 machine if it's grossly inadequate for your intended uses.

        ~ Andrew Brown (1938-1994)